• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Geraint Thomas

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
MatParker117 said:
jaylew said:
The big question now is, does he stay with Sky? Seemed like he was leaning towards leaving but now? It will be interesting to see how Sky handles this. Do they just tell them they will be co-leaders at next year's Tour? I don't see Froome or G wanting to do the Giro next year

Rumors that Pinot is arriving as well.

and boos will stop?
;)

Pinot to Sky and Thomas to FDJ :surprised: and boos will be for a french team :lol:

CTQ said:
pastronef said:
MatParker117 said:
jaylew said:
The big question now is, does he stay with Sky? Seemed like he was leaning towards leaving but now? It will be interesting to see how Sky handles this. Do they just tell them they will be co-leaders at next year's Tour? I don't see Froome or G wanting to do the Giro next year

Rumors that Pinot is arriving as well.

and boos will stop?
;)

Pinot to Sky and Thomas to FDJ :surprised: and boos will be for a french team :lol:
Pinot to Sky is a very weird rumour indeed. He's not gonna bring anything to the team, and he's not gonna advance his career there.

For all those saying over the last half dozen years that
Team SKY domestiques are stronger than other teams
leaders, I think the 2018 Tour proves that you're right!!

Things I would like to see SuperG target over the next
few seasons, but won't be too disappointed if he's got
his own wishes that are (partly or) completely different:

1. the ITT at the 2019 Yorkshire Worlds
2. the Hour Record, either at Newport or altitude
3. the 2020 Olympic Madison with Cav

I'd not be shocked if G doesn't care about any of them,
not in the least, it's just a list of things I'd like to see. ;)

Re:

jaylew said:

He's staying, Froome's out.

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site

Blanco said:
jaylew said:
You base this on...

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
G signed extension with Sky pre-Tour from what sources at the Tour been telling. Which is hugely surprising. But I'm sure Sky made him a huge offer anyway.

Froome is signed till 2020, I assume G signs till 2020/21. They are currently negotiating to get Bernal extended till 2022, if they didn't already.

Re:

MuskyOurSaviour said:
G signed extension with Sky pre-Tour from what sources at the Tour been telling. Which is hugely surprising. But I'm sure Sky made him a huge offer anyway.

Froome is signed till 2020, I assume G signs till 2020/21. They are currently negotiating to get Bernal extended till 2022, if they didn't already.
Vino save me...

Re:

King Of The Wolds said:
He's never, not once, in 3 weeks, been out of prime position, or looked even slightly out of control, or looked under the slightest pressure - mountains, hills, descents, flats, cobbles. He's never made a bad decision, never wasted a pedal stroke. An unbelievable ride.
Yup, I agree. Perfect ride from him and a very dominant win. You have the feeling he could have put minutes into the opposition if he wanted to.

rlntlssly said:
Blanco said:
jaylew said:
You base this on...

Feeling ;)

Re:

MuskyOurSaviour said:

If he signed a contract just before winning the Tour de France, that was the biggest mistake of his life.

Hugo Koblet said:
King Of The Wolds said:
He's never, not once, in 3 weeks, been out of prime position, or looked even slightly out of control, or looked under the slightest pressure - mountains, hills, descents, flats, cobbles. He's never made a bad decision, never wasted a pedal stroke. An unbelievable ride.
Yup, I agree. Perfect ride from him and a very dominant win. You have the feeling he could have put minutes into the opposition if he wanted to.
If he could have

he would have

Red Rick said:
Hugo Koblet said:
King Of The Wolds said:
If he could have

He would have
Why would he?

Hugo Koblet said:
Red Rick said:
Hugo Koblet said:
King Of The Wolds said:
If he could have

He would have
Why would he?
Cause gaining more time is always better and works as a deterrent to attacks itself.

Apart from La Rosiere he only sprinted away at the end of MTFs after sitting in the wheels the entire climb. Not a sign of somebody who could've easily dropped them and taken much more time

Red Rick said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Red Rick said:
Hugo Koblet said:
King Of The Wolds said:
If he could have

He would have
Why would he?
Cause gaining more time is always better and works as a deterrent to attacks itself.

Apart from La Rosiere he only sprinted away at the end of MTFs after sitting in the wheels the entire climb. Not a sign of somebody who could've easily dropped them and taken much more time
He and Sky had Froome's podium to think about as well. Why risk that to win more?

Zinoviev Letter said:
MuskyOurSaviour said:

If he signed a contract just before winning the Tour de France, that was the biggest mistake of his life.

He has a much better chance of winning grand tours with Sky than any other team.

movingtarget said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
MuskyOurSaviour said:

He has a much better chance of winning grand tours with Sky than any other team.

Besides which, there was probably an "If you win the Tour, we'll pay you double" clause that Brailsford and the Murdochs just presumed would never be activated.

TRENDING THREADS