• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gerolsteiner ≠ clean water

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Kohl says team doc involved in organized doping during 2008 Tour de France:

http://velonews.com/article/99079/kohl-says-doctor-involved-in-doping

What's the doper list for Gerolsteiner like now? We've got:
Schumacher
Kohl
Rebellin
I know I'm missing somebody -- did Moletta ever officially test positive?

Then there's also:
De Bonis (former)
Zberg (former)
Anyone else?

I hope nobody's going to be too depressed when they have to reshuffle this year's Tour of Flanders results...

filipo said:

Schumacher
Kohl
Rebellin

Then there's also:
De Bonis (former)
Zberg (former)
Anyone else?

I hope nobody's going to be too depressed when they have to reshuffle this year's Tour of Flanders results...

Levi was the only clean cyclist on that team when he was winning the Dauphine etc.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Kohl said that as far as he knew there was one other rider on the 2008 squad doping. A german rider who didn't ride the Tour this year.

Looking at the list of names that is left with that data, I immediately assumed Ronny Scholz. Scholz quickly announced his retirement. Think of it what you will.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Kohl said that as far as he knew there was one other rider on the 2008 squad doping. A german rider who didn't ride the Tour this year.

Looking at the list of names that is left with that data, I immediately assumed Ronny Scholz. Scholz quickly announced his retirement. Think of it what you will.

He also said that the team doctor had nothing to do with it, that he was operating on his own. Now he says differently. But I guess we'll see if anything else comes out.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
filipo said:
He also said that the team doctor had nothing to do with it, that he was operating on his own. Now he says differently. But I guess we'll see if anything else comes out.

I'm talking after he came clean. I'm not paying any attention to anything he said before that, as he was still in the denial phase.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Levi was the only clean cyclist on that team when he was winning the Dauphine etc.

Yeah, I'm sure he was tut-tutting at Lance when they were training together in Tenerife with Dr. Ferrari....

Sorry, no free passes based on nationality...

dirty-water.jpg

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
I'm talking after he came clean. I'm not paying any attention to anything he said before that, as he was still in the denial phase.

I got the impression from the linked article that he had first come clean-ish, then started offering more. My impression was also that the "other rider" admission was during this ish period. Am I wrong?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
filipo said:
I got the impression from the linked article that he had first come clean-ish, then started offering more. My impression was also that the "other rider" admission was during this ish period. Am I wrong?

The "other rider" thing was quite recent. It was a couple of months ago at most.

What about Oliver Zaugg?

8th up the Angliru last year at the Vuelta. 2min 28sec off the winner Contador's at the top and only 15 sec off Ezequiel Mosquera's time who ended up 5th overall last year. He ended up beating the likes of Damiano Cunego, Daniel Moreno, David Moncoutie and known doper and team mate Davide Rebellin to the top.

The next day on Fuentes de Inviernio he came in with the group containing Robert Gesink, Carlos Sastre, Joaquin Rodriguez, David Moncoutie, Marzio Bruseghin and only 4 sec off Contador, Leipheimer and Mosquera. Finished the Vuelta in 11th at 12min 38sec off Contador. He also got 15th in 07 at the Vuelta

Haven't seen that much of him this year after going to Liquigas. But with a climbing talent like his i thought he would have atleast some good results. This years results: 15th in Catalunya, 15th in Tour de Suisse and 70th in the Vuelta.

Has also rode for the shady Saunier-Duval from 04-06 before his two years at Gerolsteiner.

I'm not in anyway saying he is a doper but after absolutely nothing this year after two good seasons at Gerolsteiner it just looks a bit off to me.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
there is a lot more spice in the kurier article. lots more than what the media reported about the team doctor.

Googled.
http://translate.google.com/transla...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=Qmz

blood bags were warmed up in the bathroom
at one point kohl stuck the needle into himself because the “assistant” was incompetent
dilution with saline sol, plasma expanders and albumin followed infusions
Blood transfusion provides maximum performance effect in 2 days
empty blood bags were cut by scissors and flushed down the toilet

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
filipo said:

Schumacher
Kohl
Rebellin

Then there's also:
De Bonis (former)
Zberg (former)
Anyone else?

What about Honchar (sp?). Did he go pos w/Gsteiner?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
python said:
there is a lot more spice in the kurier article. lots more than what the media reported about the team doctor.

Googled.
http://translate.google.com/transla...refox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=Qmz

blood bags were warmed up in the bathroom
at one point kohl stuck the needle into himself because the “assistant” was incompetent
dilution with saline sol, plasma expanders and albumin followed infusions
Blood transfusion provides maximum performance effect in 2 days
empty blood bags were cut by scissors and flushed down the toilet
Kohl was supposed to get 4 bags at the end of the Tour but his manager wasn't available to do the process so he sent one of his employees. The employee screwed it up and wasted a bag. Kohl says, "if I would have gotten the fourth bag it would have been possible to win the Tour de France".

TRENDING THREADS