• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Getting a new bike. Must have internal rear hub.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am getting another bike. This one I want to be set up for some casual commuting/bike paths light road use (like less than 15 miles at a time).

I want fenders, a chain guard, alum or steel frame, prefer disc brakes but will sacrifice to keep below about $700-750.

I am super partial to chainguards, so that is a must, which is why I want the internal hub (7 speed or higher).

Pannier rack would be nice, but not necessary. Saw a good looking one at rei for like 750-800, no guard but I can add my own.
Any suggestions/thoughts or first hand reviews of your experiences would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

go used

kcz3fm.jpg

goodwill, salvation army, etc

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
That spec isn't something you see every day
You may be better to get something with a 3 speed rear hub (which there are heaps of that fit around 300 ex disc) and have a new rear wheel built around a 7 speed

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Notso Swift said:
That spec isn't something you see every day
You may be better to get something with a 3 speed rear hub (which there are heaps of that fit around 300 ex disc) and have a new rear wheel built around a 7 speed

interesting idea, thanks

TRENDING THREADS