• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giacomo Nizzolo Discussion Thread

I'd like to start a thread about Giacomo Nizzolo :)

This season is a disaster for him, of course the main reason was injury in first half of the year, but now he isn't present on any start-list. I thought he will be ready for Hamburg and Bretagne Classic and then focus on one-day races in Italy but I can't find any information about his future plan.

I really like this guy, I thought before start of this season that he will be able to compete with Sagan and Van Avermaet in spring classics but now it's hard to say he can even return to his last year performance.

Nizzolo finally got his first official GT! and wasn’t relegated!!!!!!!!!! He also is a proud winner of 2 points classifications. It only took 42 GT stage top tens to do it. 5 in the TdF, 5 in the VaE with 1 second, and 32 in the GdI with 11 seconds and 1 win relegated. The one up place rider over Rojas has done it and can add to his tally of stage wins and points classification! Is this going to be like Viviani/Demare and have a blow up in GT stage wins or Guardini and be 1 and done.

I can’t believe his official thread only has 1 post and not even on the rider thread directory.

Last edited:
It was his first non-NC win on Italian soil since the 2016 Giro del Piemonte.
He has won six pro victories in Italy during his career; two in Lombardia, two in Piemonte and now also two in Veneto.

If he had just been able to climb like Viviani he could have won a third maglia ciclamino.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Nizzolo finally got his first official GT! and wasn’t relegated!!!!!!!!!! He also is a proud winner of 2 points classifications. It only took 42 GT stage top tens to do it. 5 in the TdF, 5 in the VaE with 1 second, and 32 in the GdI with 8 seconds and 1 win relegated. The one up place rider over Rojas has done it and can add to his tally of stage wins and points classification! Is this going to be like Viviani/Demare and have a blow up in GT stage wins or Guardini and be 1 and done.

I can’t believe his official thread only has 1 post and not even on the rider thread directory.

*11 second places in the Giro.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I remember in 2016 when on stage 17 he won the sprint but Kluge won the stage due to following a random Pozzato attack on the final km and then he got relegated 4 stages later. I can't remember any sportsperson who seemed as cursed as Nizzolo was back then. His bad luck was simply unbelievable. Just great that years later he actually got his win.

TRENDING THREADS