• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gilberto Simoni's Choice

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What is the better option for Simoni?

• There is no "wrong" choice. Simoni can do whatever he chooses.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
When I read stuff like this:

I tend to get suspicious. RR Engineers? The team was operating on a shoe string budget, getting rid of riders in mid season to save money, and demanding those who were let go give back their helmets. Buying generic carbon frames from asia and slapping decals and paint on them does not exactly require engineers.[/QUOTE]

I think you may have discovered, again; many bike racers do not approach genius IQ.

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal, you must think your smart...i guess all idiots usually do! :D

i got my information from that article i read the other day from the boulder report, i.e that simoni wants to get involved....

you know Brodeal---just because your a tool, i went ahead and did some research of on-line concerning your comments, i'll break'm down for you:

RR engineers--i read the interbike news, wish i could have been there to see the bikes, but i'm not so fortunate. They hired engineers to design their bikes--velonews even called one of there bikes a masterpiece---i would think velonews knows a lot more about bikes then you for certain! as well i just read the article in RBA---dude, you need to get out more!

shoe string budget: well i couldn't find anytng there except that except reading kristin's cyclingnews article about why this season wasn't as finnancially good as before----hell we are in a recession BroDeal if you didn't read the latest paper anywhere in the usa? it hit all the small teams hard and look at this year--most small teams are gone, here in boulder there are so many cyclist out of work! i get to talk to a couple from time to time--it's tough!

getting rid of riders mid-season: yeah, that would suck and i'm sure it did, but how many people just got laid off this year? alot!!! if your not getting results, and it's your job to get results---then i would fire you too! one of the guys that lives near me was one that was fired, i saw and asked what happened and he actually got hired back--and a couple of them, well who knows, maybe there not all they were supposed to be---people get fired all the time in the "real world" most of the time it's to down size and save jobs for the masses rather then keep them til the company goes under. now i am not saying i agree, nor do any of us know the "real" situation. in one article--Mr Ball said if finnancially things turn around that he wanted to hire back the riders, but i get it that sometimes you have to do what you have to do! it's called life Broboy.

giving helmets back--yeah i read that one too, it was actually a pretty lame interview..but that's not the riders fault, just the guy who wrote it and asked the silly questions--typical cycling media from what we all read which is why we all read cyclingnews as it usually more PC. if it really happened--you know, it wasn't there personal equipement in the first place--maybe they have to get the stuff back for amortization? we have to do that were i work, it all adds up. that was a really silly comment! :D

buying from asia: you must be one smart cookie to spot a fake! everyone builds and assembles product in asia--hell a lot of americans are really lazy. i work with a lot of union workers---most are getting paid really good and work half as hard as others...if americans won't work in factories then hell if i had a company, china would be the first place i would go! fyi--a friend of mine works at trek bikes in wisconsin, he told me they make some there, but 90% is made in asia--specialized he said (he used to work there) are all made there in asia. again brodeal--make sure you get your facts straight, maybe your a nice guy, but blasting people with misinformatuion as your ammo---silly silly silly. i am sure if mr ball and all the cool stuff i have scene come from his companies, doesn't need, nor would buy generic; as everyone would know---i would hope he is as smart--but if not--i dont think his riders would be up for that--i just think it's more baseless fodder from BroDeal again....

you ought to be like the rest of us and read...take it all with a grain of salt, and go enjoy riding your bikes! i see you and others blast people with poor information. i decided to try and throw it back at you after doing some research, which it wasn't too hard but a half hour of reading and a simple 10 min post.

this was actually fun!

in the end, Simoni--if your reading, which probably not, i hope no matter which team you go too that you enjoy your last season and best of luck in your future! hopefully with your expirence we will still see you around--hell maybe even mr ball will hire you to come up with good ideas for cycling clothing or bikes--peace

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
aerodog said:
BroDeal, you must think your smart...i guess all idiots usually do! :D

i got my information from that article i read the other day from the boulder report, i.e that simoni wants to get involved....

you know Brodeal---just because your a tool, i went ahead and did some research of on-line concerning your comments, i'll break'm down for you:

RR engineers--i read the interbike news, wish i could have been there to see the bikes, but i'm not so fortunate. They hired engineers to design their bikes--velonews even called one of there bikes a masterpiece---i would think velonews knows a lot more about bikes then you for certain! as well i just read the article in RBA---dude, you need to get out more!

shoe string budget: well i couldn't find anytng there except that except reading kristin's cyclingnews article about why this season wasn't as finnancially good as before----hell we are in a recession BroDeal if you didn't read the latest paper anywhere in the usa? it hit all the small teams hard and look at this year--most small teams are gone, here in boulder there are so many cyclist out of work! i get to talk to a couple from time to time--it's tough!

getting rid of riders mid-season: yeah, that would suck and i'm sure it did, but how many people just got laid off this year? alot!!! if your not getting results, and it's your job to get results---then i would fire you too! one of the guys that lives near me was one that was fired, i saw and asked what happened and he actually got hired back--and a couple of them, well who knows, maybe there not all they were supposed to be---people get fired all the time in the "real world" most of the time it's to down size and save jobs for the masses rather then keep them til the company goes under. now i am not saying i agree, nor do any of us know the "real" situation. in one article--Mr Ball said if finnancially things turn around that he wanted to hire back the riders, but i get it that sometimes you have to do what you have to do! it's called life Broboy.

buying from asia: you must be one smart cookie to spot a fake! everyone builds and assembles product in asia--hell a lot of americans are really lazy. i work with a lot of union workers---most are getting paid really good and work half as hard as others...if americans won't work in factories then hell if i had a company, china would be the first place i would go! fyi--a friend of mine works at trek bikes in wisconsin, he told me they make some there, but 90% is made in asia--specialized he said (he used to work there) are all made there in asia. again brodeal--make sure you get your facts straight, maybe your a nice guy, but blasting people with misinformatuion as your ammo---silly silly silly. i am sure if mr ball and all the cool stuff i have scene come from his companies, doesn't need, nor would buy generic; as everyone would know---i would hope he is as smart--but if not--i dont think his riders would be up for that--i just think it's more baseless fodder from BroDeal again....

you ought to be like the rest of us and read...take it all with a grain of salt, and go enjoy riding your bikes! i see you and others blast people with poor information. i decided to try and throw it back at you after doing some research, which it wasn't too hard but a half hour of reading and a simple 10 min post.

this was actually fun!

in the end, Simoni--if your reading, which probably not, i hope no matter which team you go too that you enjoy your last season and best of luck in your future! hopefully with your expirence we will still see you around--hell maybe even mr ball will hire you to come up with good ideas for cycling clothing or bikes--peace

Brodeal can handle himself but your "research" is largely based on a hype-based blue jeans manufacturer's press releases. Having an engineer design a bike could be nothing more, and usually is; confirming the same spec as another manufacturer's b-samples are OK. You do that to cover your liability insurance premiums, like most companies. Again, you sell jeans to Jersey Shore stars.

Velosnooz follows a pretty narrow path of information desemination. Similar to what you do in the privacy of a dark room I'm guessing.

Not banking the money for guaranteed contracts is a violation of UCI rules and considered a civil claim for damages in US Court for any rider wishing to sue Mr. Ball. They agreed to work for services and didn't get their paycheck. How would you handle that at your employer...I'm guessing McDonald's paid you for just showing up...and didn't require spelling as a job specification.

I work (when I have a job) in construction with both open shop and Union labor. On the US West Coast the pride and effort is equal. Say that anyone is lazy here while trying to feed their family and you will feel the response deeply. My guess is you're sucking the teat of some junior college loan or Mom & Dad's largesse; if you're lucky. The real world will come soon enough.

Simoni deserves to have any job he wants and we'd love to see him in the US. You're right on the count.

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
oldman, ha ha!!
i doubt Broboy can handle himself, but really don't care. You on the other hand, saying " hype-based jeans..press release?" your nutz dude! i see the press releases, but my research facts were from the "press" not press releases. dude, looks like you definitely need to get out and get a job!!

look, it's all about the viewpoint of a writer anymore right?? hype? maybe yes, maybe no, velonews, is about the worst of the bunch if we follow. cyclingnews is ok except some writers only try to give us there opinion. No person, intelligent, should want to hear their opinion, for god's sake there only journalists. Press releases---well most of the time are accompanied with fodder from some journalist. in this modern day of reality everything, journalist have turned into gossip columnists! i just want to hear the facts and make my own mind. if it is a press release, just publish that with no comments. don't get me wrong, there are some great journalists out there like shane stokes and bruce hildenbrand. others are simply gossips columnists trying to give us there opinion of the situation while there 9 times out of 10 fishing without any truth!

oh well, but...it sounds like when you do work, i am sure you try to give your best...sure some union workers i know do work hard, but most, and i mean most are pretty lazy...sure they are trying to feed their families but that doesn't mean there not lazy.

thanks for agreeing that i'm right!, Simoni does deserve to ride for anyone he wants...i definitely was hopeing he would race for rock racing..but i guess now he won't. at least we will still get to see rock racing race in the states still. they bring fun to cycling with their kits, as most are really boring and dull! look at Road mag current buyers guide! most of the companies kits are down right boring.

i talked to one of their Rock racing's current riders, he said they will be a team in 2010 at the same level as 2009. ---awesome!

enjoy ur un-employeement check oldman....hopefully you saved something so i'm not supporting you---unless obama ruins everything he touches :)

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
aerodog said:
oldman, ha ha!!

oh well, but...it sounds like when you do work, i am sure you try to give your best...sure some union workers i know do work hard, but most, and i mean most are pretty lazy...sure they are trying to feed their families but that doesn't mean there not lazy.

thanks for agreeing that i'm right!, Simoni does deserve to ride for anyone he wants...i definitely was hopeing he would race for rock racing..but i guess now he won't. at least we will still get to see rock racing race in the states still. they bring fun to cycling with their kits, as most are really boring and dull! look at Road mag current buyers guide! most of the companies kits are down right boring.

i talked to one of their Rock racing's current riders, he said they will be a team in 2010 at the same level as 2009. ---awesome!

enjoy ur un-employeement check oldman....hopefully you saved something so i'm not supporting you---unless obama ruins everything he touches :)

Thanks for your concern for my financial well-being. It's real and well planned. 50-80 hrs a week for 30 years takes care of that. As for you supporting me; your inability to type a complete sentence or spell suggests I'd starve if that were my only option.
Enjoy yourself on the roads my taxes paid for and me and my buddies built. And when you get into a decent race catagory perhaps we can discuss racing.

aerodog said:
o

Same as 2009? That bad, huh? That puts them at one step above racing for food and a spot on a fan's couch. Maybe this year Ball can spend the meager budget more effectively. Instead of spending money on a website and new kit that says, "Rock's Not Dead," he can use the money for travel expenses. Instead of spending money slapping paint and decals on generic frames from Asia, Ball could actually get a real bike company to support the team by kicking in a few bucks along with frames.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
That's a big ask from Ball.

He's all about appearances, surface appeal, and lifestyle. It's shocking that he's ever made it this far in cycling.

God knows the man is not an accountant.

Though I'd love for Simoni to race (often) in the U.S. of A., for anyone currently riding for Rock--or pondering a move to Rock--let the "buyer" beware.

From the oak tree comes acorns.
Gilberto Simoni's daughter will race in the Paternoster youth team
Clarissa is almost 14 years old and is the youngest of the three children of the twice king of the Giro in 2001 and 2003.
In italiano here

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS