• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro 2013 finish times

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to work out what time of day the stages of the 2013 Giro will be planned to finish. I am sure it will be calculated to fit in with TV schedules etc, but am just wondering what that means. 5pm? 6pm? Or are they running night time stages? If anyone knows anything I would greatly appreciate the input!

TourLeTour said:
I'm trying to work out what time of day the stages of the 2013 Giro will be planned to finish. I am sure it will be calculated to fit in with TV schedules etc, but am just wondering what that means. 5pm? 6pm? Or are they running night time stages? If anyone knows anything I would greatly appreciate the input!

Target finish time will likely be between 17.00 - 17.30 for all stages (Central European Summer Time)

The roadbook, when available, will give us precise information.

TourLeTour said:
Generally all stages are meant to finish between 5 and 6 pm CET.
We won't know further details until April I guess, when they'll publish all the timetables.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Another question, does anyone know about road closures for the Giro? I know for Tour de France the roads are often closed to everyone who isn't accredited for several hours at a time, but at the Vuelta last year there were times when I was able to ride until the peleton was only a few minutes away, and then start again within about 5 minutes. Any idea what it is like at the Giro?

TRENDING THREADS