• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Giro d‘Italia 2024 Stage 20, Alpago-Bassano del Grappa, 184 km

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So now you are admitting instead of tryna ridicule mou. So it is just like mou said now. That this season was gonna be the best Pogacar we have seen so far.

The prophecy was indeed true and not "false".
This is the best Pogacar we have seen, Mou's predictions were also greatly exaggerated. Both things are true, but also pretty much everyone expected Pogacar to be a level up from last year in GTs.

Reactions: Tricycle Rider
This is the best Pogacar we have seen, Mou's predictions were also greatly exaggerated. Both things are true, but also pretty much everyone expected Pogacar to be a level up from last year in GTs.
Thats just false. It is not what a lot of people expected lol. Some have been very negative and still are. They are just hypocrites.

Mou not missed a step so far in what he said.

Nah he deserves to ride the Tour and get embarrassed. He ran his mouth about going for the win at the Giro and being able to ride both, now he gets to see what happens.
If he's riding the Tour, he should he riding as a domestique for Rodriguez and Bernal anyway. Those 2 and Pidcock should be protected riders until you see how things shake out and whoever else goes is working for them.

So congrats to Teddy no another win. His 6th stage victory won in great style capping the most dominant GT in recent decades (10' - 4'' advantage in the GC). Congrats to Pelizzarri on a great ride - who knows what this young man can achieve. The stage outcome was no surprise at all, everything went exactly as I expected, which on the downside means that the Giro was very predictable.

BTW Pogacar did around 1720 m/h of VAM for almost 52 minutes, which is probably his best uphill performance of this duration. It's worth noting that the climbing speed was lowered by about 3% due to short flat/downhill sections, which means he was pushing around 1770 m/h of VAM for 50 minutes! (with 1.5 minutes of breaks).

It's the most superior Pogi in a GT, but the best I think we'd need to compare numbers. He always got away with the first try, so he didn't have to do multiple attacks again and again. I'm sure the first TT and in Livigno he dug pretty deep, but I am not sure today e.g. compares to that in the peak performance.
What would you say was his previous peak performance GT by the numbers, not by competition?

Reactions: snipeheem
So congrats to Teddy no another win. His 6th stage victory won in great style capping the most dominant GT in recent decades (10' - 4'' advantage in the GC). Congrats to Pelizzarri on a great ride - who knows what this young man can achieve. The stage outcome was no surprise at all, everything went exactly as I expected, which on the downside means that the Giro was very predictable.

BTW Pogacar did around 1720 m/h of VAM for almost 52 minutes, which is probably his best uphill performance of this duration. It's worth noting that the climbing speed was lowered by about 3% due to short flat/downhill sections, which means he was pushing around 1770 m/h of VAM for 50 minutes!
Incredible performance! Legendary.

So now you are admitting instead of tryna ridicule mou. So it is just like mou said now. That this season was gonna be the best Pogacar we have seen so far.

The prophecy was indeed true and not "false".
The bald fraud told us that he would beat Ganna in both ITTs. QED.

~

But please show any previous post of mine where I declared that Pogi wouldn't be at his best in this Giro?

Thats just false. It is not what a lot of people expected lol. Some have been very negative and still are. They are just hypocrites.

Mou not missed a step so far in what he said.
Okay let me rephrase, nobody sensible thought that Pogacar wouldn't be better in GTs this year. It was obvious he was going all out over the winter to concentrate solely on improving his performances in time trials, climbing over longer distances, and at altitude.

Mou obviously exaggerated pretty much everything, because the truth is much more mundane and less sensationalist. Pogacar wasn't far off Vingegaard last year, all he needed were minor improvements. He's made those improvements, and if both were fresh at a GT it would be extraordinarily close. The talk of him beating Ganna in flat TTs was obviously silly, as was the random 8 w/kg talk.

Awesome end to the Giro, great racing from Pog obviously, but Pellizzari is the one who really showed his strength. We will surely seem him in a WT team in the future.

View: https://twitter.com/giroditalia/status/1794380353245008043

GOcIG-WXwAADAFK

GObw-wtXQAAnRwh

GOb1UWMXgAAH_3k

Last edited: