• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d Italia 2014 fantasy game

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
trades r us, taking it day at a time and making a ridiculous amount of trades.

and picking Uran over Evans would have gained folk 125000 so the crumbling begins.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
So do I. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Gambled a bit for the TT and kicked out Morabito, Ulissi and Mezgec. Also kicked out Brambilla two stages ago and he did two top 5 since then, I think. Put in Malori, Tuft and Cataldo - all misfired. I was sure that Uran will be faster than Evans but I didn't think he would get pink so I took the low risk option of leaving Evans in. I am actually surprised I am still top 3 after that fiasco, the others must have not been too lucky with their TT exchanges either. But it is more fun to exchange riders then just sitting there and the only way to win, I think,

mutschi said:
But it is more fun to exchange riders then just sitting there and the only way to win, I think,

But by buying two injured riders + Cataldo for a fee of at least 140.000 you did put a lot of pressure on Cataldo's shoulders to make a profit :)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I made too many mistakes in the past few days. Didn't read the news before I changed my team. Should have read CN.....the main problem is that live (work, family, hobbies) constantly interfere with the game....:)

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
After playing stupidly I now also get shortchanged by the game operators. They gave me a growth of 790.000 instead of 970.000. How can that happen? Surely the software does all this automatically. Lost my podium. :eek:

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Had an email conversation with the game operators. They acknowledged that I was charged double the transfer fee on stage 13 (169.00) plus didn't give me points for Majka on that stage (190.000) but have no clue yet how this happened. So better check you scores guys. They are worried because they want to charge soon for these games and give price money - better get that bug sorted. Unfortunately they also can't give me my points back - missing about 359.000 Dollars which probably will cost me the podium. So I just go for stage wins now - did a whooping 1.450.000 today.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I find I do quite well when i pay attention, and not very well when i don't. No real surprises there. :)

I think the game needs a little tinkering, right now it seems to be choose the jersey holders and the highest GC riders you can, then gamble a little on support riders depending on the type of stage. I think they should just give a budget and how it's scored and let you do whatever you like and make the budget the restriction. Then you could choose a GC team or a stage winners team etc.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I agree. Lead and position changes are difficult in this game. The top ten didn't change much after the first week. I think your suggestions is good for experienced players. But part-time players :), like my friends, really liked the format of limited choices for leaders, climbers and so on as they could quickly choose a team. Maybe, all it needs is more points for stage placings and less for GC and Jerseys. And a Forum would be nice too. And no bugs in the software. I will pass that on as I am already in contact with them. Any other suggestions to improve the game?

TRENDING THREADS