• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro del Trentino - 19th to 22rd of April, 2.HC

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dlwssonic said:
yea agree. Still waiting for their win since evans TA victory

Hehehe, we'll have to keep waiting. BMC have had some decent results in all it's italian races this year (Laguelia, Sardegna, Strade bianche, MSR, Tirreno and now trentino)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Hehehe, we'll have to keep waiting. BMC have had some decent results in all it's italian races this year (Laguelia, Sardegna, Strade bianche, MSR, Tirreno and now trentino)

yea they were great early in the season, were quite dissapointing in the northern classics. And I dont expect them to do well in lbl. trentino has made me slightly happier but really waiting for something big from them in romandie. maybe they could get a stage victory or KOM in the giro.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Don't worry about him, dlwssonic. Just remind him of the Tour de Suisse last year:D.

Haha that was a great race they totally dominated that one! hope for them to do well again will evans this time

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
passion doesn't come and go with age. you are considerably younger than me and I still have it while you may have never had, which is why you get annoyed by it. you don't understand I suppose and vice versa I don't understand why you don't go nuts over things. that's the beauty of live. having fun. I suppose you are also not the one to go on the dancefloor showing the others how it's done ;)

Ryo Hazuki said:
passion doesn't come and go with age. you are considerably younger than me and I still have it while you may have never had, which is why you get annoyed by it. you don't understand I suppose and vice versa I don't understand why you don't go nuts over things. that's the beauty of live. having fun. I suppose you are also not the one to go on the dancefloor showing the others how it's done ;)
I'm a pretty avid dancer, actually. I have a passion for music, there are certain bands and musicians I'm incapable of being objective about. I like cycling, but it's not as close to my heart.

Also, how do you know my age?

I don't think theyoungest is being out of line. Morabito wouldn't have won the Giro del Trentino, and probably couldn't. He's not explosive enough to win separation against riders of this class.

I'd be more inclined to watch out for him at Romandie, he always does well in his home races.

It is a microcosm of BMC's general problem... lots of people who can place well, but few who can make that jump up to the top step of the podium. Even their leaders; Evans has only thrown off his shackles in the last couple of years, while Hincapie is almost the poster boy for 'waiting for the race to develop', and thereby missing the key move.

BMC have all the foundations for a good team. They just seem a little toothless when Evans is out. Kind of like Movistar without Valverde, but the thing is, Evans being available for most of the year cancels out Movistar's superior support squad.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
I'm a pretty avid dancer, actually. I have a passion for music, there are certain bands and musicians I'm incapable of being objective about. I like cycling, but it's not as close to my heart.

Also, how do you know my age?

I just assumed you didn't call yourself the youngest with no reason ;) so for real I have no idea but I just guess you are younger than me. I'm 25.

What music you like?

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
while Hincapie is almost the poster boy for 'waiting for the race to develop', and thereby missing the key move.

Give me the Hincapie of 2006, with the attacking mentality of a Vino, and I'll show you a guy who would be ending his career with an amazing palmares, not just a whisker of a GW win, a KBK, a GP Plouay, and one TDF stage from a two man break*. Talent being equal, it's all about the head. Just my opinion, of course. :)

*Oh, and a smokingly hot TDF podium girl as a wife... :cool:

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
lol not at all.that demon is prepared for il giro like nobody else.he's hiding his form or it's just his program.he's the last guy i'd worry about.

When He lost his chance for the GC He softpedaled the race, the problem with Il Squalo will be his bad days... with the parcours that Il Giro has I think that Nibbs will have at least 2 bad days where He could lost massive time...

Are people sure Sella came 3rd. Cq has him 2nd above popo.

Ryo Hazuki said:
I just assumed you didn't call yourself the youngest with no reason ;) so for real I have no idea but I just guess you are younger than me. I'm 25.

What music you like?

I think youngest is mid to late 20's. From comments hes made before. Though I suppose saying he was considerably younger than you based on his posts might be interpreted as a cheeky and perhaps rather intelligent insult

Ryo Hazuki said:

What music you like?
I like a lot of bands and artists, anything that's made from the heart, basically. The most listened-to artist on my computer is Iron & Wine. I'm two years your senior, BTW :p

hrotha said:
Maybe the one who should worry about his form is Scarponi. He's been very good since Sardegna, and if he's going to carry that form till the end of the Giro it's going to be one long peak.
He was very good in the Tirreno last year as well. But you're right, has he even done a race where he didn't finish on the podium this year?

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
I like a lot of bands and artists, anything that's made from the heart, basically...

Yeah, like that awesome cd: "Rujano farting". I love it too.

Also, I don't feel like youngest is a negative poster at all. Most of the time he's very reasonable. I dare say he's a valuable asset to this forum.