• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro dell'Emilia 2021 (02.10.)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Does RAI have a streaming service for people in Italy who don't have a TV or are not at home? In the Netherlands there is the NPO app which lets you watch national channels on PC or smartphone. In Belgium there is VRTnu, Auvio and VTMgo. But i don't know if this is something most broadcasts do across Europe or not.

Here you have it. But of course you need VPN to watch it.

Does RAI have a streaming service for people in Italy who don't have a TV or are not at home? In the Netherlands there is the NPO app which lets you watch national channels on PC or smartphone. In Belgium there is VRTnu, Auvio and VTMgo. But i don't know if this is something most broadcasts do across Europe or not.
Raiplay, i've posted the link at the page with the channels streaming above. The PC and also iOS apps are crap and doesn't work because the last time they updated them was ages ago but the site works fine.

Last edited:
Here you have it. But of course you need VPN to watch it.
Raiplay, i've posted the link at the page with the channels streaming above. The PC and also iOS apps are crap and doesn't work because the last time they updated them was ages ago but the site works fine.
Thanks. I assume if nothing else, it improves the chances of getting a decent stream through "other means".

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
yeah, RAI Play, for both live as well as on demand coverage ( https://www.raiplay.it/ ), and there is also a mobile app available. Both only work with an Italian IP, though, or a VPN etc. (Personally I use a "Smart DNS" service, which costs a bit of money but works quite well for most cycling relevant streams.)

No, they still have the rights, RAI only have a sublicense to air what they produce like Eurosport.
Look here: https://www.pmgsport.it/videos_categories/ciclismo/

interesting, didn't know that they still have some broadcasting rights, thanks. Not from any GS Emilia races (Coppi e Bartali, Beghelli, Memorial Pantani, Per Sempre Alfredo, Settimana Italiana) anymore though, as far as I can see?!

From the same country which has problems broadcasting wet stages in the Giro. Imagine if it's raining on Saturday?

Now I'm also concerned about missing Milan-Turin & Lombardia as well (I can't see them listed on Eurosport). It would be a pretty underwhelming end to the season to miss these races because of TV rights issues.
Milan-Turin and Lombardia now listed on Eurosport.

Milan-Turin and Lombardia now listed on Eurosport.

Thanks. This is at least some good news. Now I'll only miss Saturday's Emilia.

After some searching it also seems in France these races are also exclusive to the Eurosport Player, which is fine because I'm a subscriber but for some others (i.e. people who only get Eurosport on via satellite), it's not so good. This also happened in the first week of the Giro earlier this year (lots of people were angry back then).

Very strong line-up for this Lombardia appetizer. Who knows, this may turn out to be more interesting than the main dish. Normally it's hard to look past Pog&Rog on this route (assuming Ala is not taking part) but they will likely be not at their best and favourites group is bigger. Any chance for a decent stream? (I guess no broadcast on Eurosport player)

Reactions: noob
Very strong line-up for this Lombardia appetizer. Who knows, this may turn out to be more interesting than the main dish. Normally it's hard to look past Pog&Rog on this route (assuming Ala is not taking part) but they will likely be not at their best and favourites group is bigger. Any chance for a decent stream? (I guess no broadcast on Eurosport player)
No JA and no Cattaneo

DQS are still bringing a strong team with Almeida, Remco, Masnada, Bagioli and Vansevenente.

Poor Peter Serry is pulling all day Saturday

Why so little interest in this? It should be a fascinating race with a very strong field. It's basically a Lombardia preview. Can't wait...

It will probably be an interesting race, but just between Worlds and Lombardia it's hard to gauge who is out of form (didn't manage a late season peak/too exhaust/etc) and who is thinking about Lombardia, so therefore might be saving their legs for it.

Last edited:
It's 2021, I can watch random chess tournaments on legal livestreams.
Upcoming: Over 100 years old, one of the oldest cycling classics....
Previous winners include Coppi, Bartali, Merckx, Rommiger, Ullrich, Basso, Quintana, Roglic...
We have a stacked starting list...

... and the only way to watch this is through Italian Television.

Nice.

Chess pieces move, but the camera doesn't have to move with them :)

Really good and interesting winners list going way back:

VLASOV Aleksandr
ROGLIC Primoz
DE MARCHI Alessandro
VISCONTI Giovanni
CHAVES RUBIO Jhoan Esteban
BAKELANTS Jan
REBELLIN Davide
ULISSI Diego
QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander
BETANCUR GOMEZ Carlos Alberto
GESINK Robert
GESINK Robert
DI LUCA Danilo
SCHLECK Fränk
REBELLIN Davide
SIMONI Gilberto
BASSO Ivan
GUTIERREZ PALACIOS Jose Ivan
BARTOLI Michele
ULLRICH Jan
SIMONI Gilberto
BOOGERD Michael

They're up on GCN+
Doesn't Eurosport player have the same content?

I think so yes. So it's only this one race I'll miss.

I'll just have to watch the women's Paris-Roubaix whilst keeping an eye on pro cycling stats. It seems totally like an oversight (or just bad luck) though from the broadcasters when we look at the startlist for Emilia: Pog, Rog, Evenepoel etc.

I am utterly exited for tomorrow, I will try to make do with awful streaming. Anyone knows who JV and UAE are riding for? Like if they have shared leadership or if it's all for Rog and Pog?

It'll be as always, i.e. 95% for Roglic & Pogacar "unless" one of their teammates is in a better position because the race has unfolded in a different way than predicted.

TRENDING THREADS