• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2011 Stage 17: Feltre - Tirano 230km

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
md2020 said:
As for Visconti, he was all over the road and has no one but himself to blame for getting squeezed into the barrier. I think he'll watch the replay and be embarrassed.

Totally agree with you . He rode like a amature. Why on earth did he go on the inside when there was plenty of room on the outside ???
He can only blame himself for loosing this victory.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Interesting Comments from the breakaway rider Matthias Frank:

Frank said his crash on the first day of the Tour de France still haunts him. "I have a bit of a mental problem on the downhills," he said. "But I have to see the positive side. A couple days ago I was sick and my Giro was almost over. But I made it through that day and am feeling good again."

Was Frank that bad on the descent as I have not watched the stage yet?

auscyclefan94 said:
Interesting Comments from the breakaway rider Matthias Frank:

Frank said his crash on the first day of the Tour de France still haunts him. "I have a bit of a mental problem on the downhills," he said. "But I have to see the positive side. A couple days ago I was sick and my Giro was almost over. But I made it through that day and am feeling good again."

Was Frank that bad on the descent as I have not watched the stage yet?
Yep. Held on on the first (easy) part of the descent but when it got more technical was the first one dropped.