• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 29, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Jalgratas95 said:
3) I think that Landa is starting to fade. He went after Zakarin fast and started to close the gap quickly but if you noticed it took Landa a long time to close that final 12-15 seconds to Zakarin. We don't know if Zakarin started to wait for him because at one point gap between Zakarin and Landa just disappeared but Zakarin had no troubles going with Landa.
I'm sure that Landa couldn't have gone to the finish alone today and he clearly tried - asking Zakarin again and again to do some work.

LOL

Landa rides Finestre 50 seconds faster than the second fastest rider, and your conclusion is that he's weak?

Also he obviously would have won the stage if he hadn't stopped. The decision to stop was made when he had a 50 second gap to the Aru group. It was quite clear to anyone who paid attention.

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:
3) I think that Landa is starting to fade. He went after Zakarin fast and started to close the gap quickly but if you noticed it took Landa a long time to close that final 12-15 seconds to Zakarin. We don't know if Zakarin started to wait for him because at one point gap between Zakarin and Landa just disappeared but Zakarin had no troubles going with Landa.
I'm sure that Landa couldn't have gone to the finish alone today and he clearly tried - asking Zakarin again and again to do some work.

LOL

Landa rides Finestre 50 seconds faster than the second fastest rider, and your conclusion is that he's weak?

Also he obviously would have won the stage if he hadn't stopped. The decision to stop was made when he had a 50 second gap to the Aru group. It was quite clear to anyone who paid attention.

He couldn't have hold off 2nd group alone and it took a long time to gap that last 12-15 seconds to Zakarin. It's true. Landa cleary pushed on descent (asking Zakarin to work also) but couldn't grow advantage over 2nd group.
Landa knew he couldn't win that one.

I like Alberto Contador ...he is a man of steel and very talented ...But I do not see him winning the Tour ...In this last week his climbing has been on par with or less than Landa , Aru, Hesejedal & Kruijswijk........This does not augur well for the Tour ...
He is up against the 3 top riders in the peloton and their far superior teams ....He has a very hard grand tour in his legs and he is not as young as 2011

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Jalgratas95 said:
Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:

LOL

He couldn't have hold off 2nd group alone and it took a long time to gap that last 12-15 seconds to Zakarin. It's true. Landa cleary pushed on descent (asking Zakarin to work also) but couldn't grow advantage over 2nd group.

Which race did you watched?! Landa made +50 on the second group when he was told to stop, and pulled that same group up to Sestriere almost whole time, gaining 1min to Contador in the proces, and you say he couldn't win?!!! He would win with at least 1 minute to all others if he was allowed to ride

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
its quite funny watching dawg fans trying to find a reason (heck! any reason) to say that bertie wont win the tour.

after mortirolo, i dont really think anyone should doubt AC's fitness levels or his form.

today was another day of defensive riding.
(yeah.. i was extremely pissed of by today's race.)

and Landa needs to learn some etiquette.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

The_Cheech said:
What I really do not understand is certain people´s stubborn tendency to make Landa more than he is.

Who in their right mind would think that an Italian manager, in an Italian race, with a proven talent like Aru, would allow someone like Landa to ride outside of the team´s goals.

WHY, for the life of me, WHY are we even talking about it?

What Landa has to do now is sign with another team that will let him ride as the leader and then take it from there.

And what is Landa?! Enlighten us

To me he was the best climber of this Giro

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

whittashau said:
woodburn said:
Three years ago Dombrowski was dropping Aru on Gavia. Sigh.
Aru was riding injured with a knee problem at the time
An Zakarin was climbing very well in that race, 3rd on Monte Terminillo behind Dombrowski and Aru but he had a really bad day on the Gavia.

Well that was some day and this has been one heck of a Giro. It has Delivered on all counts. Bright young new faces, well known riders giving it their all some succeeding and some not, and a champion who had to work like a dog to get his reward of Pink.

All in all a race for the ages and one that I thoroughly enjoyed; hard core, full on bike racing from top to tail!

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Mr.White said:
Jalgratas95 said:
Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:

LOL

Which race did you watched?! Landa made +50 on the second group when he was told to stop, and pulled that same group up to Sestriere almost whole time, gaining 1min to Contador in the proces, and you say he couldn't win?!!! He would win with at least 1 minute to all others if he was allowed to ride

You're assuming that he was told to stop. 2nd group started to come back when people in this group started to work together and Landa only gave up when the gap came down to like 20 seconds. And then it was less than 9 kilometers to the finish which means that climb had already started a few kilometers ago. Considering how strong Aru finished today Landa had no chance.

Landa asked Zakarin to do work and why would he ask Zakarin to do work if he has no intention to go forward? If he wanted to help Aru he would have waited for 2nd group immediately and save energy not descent that long.
He couldn't have win the group consisted of 4 riders that were behind him. It was impossible.

Stop trying to find excuses for Landa. He wasn't that strong today like he was couple of days earlier.

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Re:

murali said:
its quite funny watching dawg fans trying to find a reason (heck! any reason) to say that bertie wont win the tour.

after mortirolo, i dont really think anyone should doubt AC's fitness levels or his form.

Completely agree on the first part, but I'm not disappointed in today's result (or at least, not surprised). Mortirolo and the TT were possibly the only times in all three weeks -- not counting when he had to push through injuries -- when AC seemed to have really pushed, and he showed how good he is at on-the-road math (way better than most of the journalists and commentators covering the race!) the rest of the time. He didn't look like he was having a great day today, but he also looked like he left a lot in the tank, no doubt with an eye on next month.

Astana's wins were chickenshit, coming as they did at the end, when it was the also-rans scrambling for whatever chump change was left; and earlier, when they attacked AC's mishap. And Landa may have shown that he can climb with his final week, but he also showed that he's a teammate in the Chris Froome mold, which I think has to give some people some pause? I guess it's nice for Aru to win two at the end, since he might have screwed up and ended up off the podium the way he was going a few days ago, but altogether these guys seem to make the least-effective use of their energies of anyone I've seen since Vinokourov. Though maybe that's just the power of suggestion.

May 27, 2015
Visit site

tomstork said:
murali said:

Completely agree on the first part, but I'm not disappointed in today's result (or at least, not surprised). Mortirolo and the TT were possibly the only times in all three weeks -- not counting when he had to push through injuries -- when AC seemed to have really pushed, and he showed how good he is at on-the-road math (way better than most of the journalists and commentators covering the race!) the rest of the time. He didn't look like he was having a great day today, but he also looked like he left a lot in the tank, no doubt with an eye on next month.

Astana's wins were chickenshit, coming as they did at the end, when it was the also-rans scrambling for whatever chump change was left; and earlier, when they attacked AC's mishap. And Landa may have shown that he can climb with his final week, but he also showed that he's a teammate in the Chris Froome mold, which I think has to give some people some pause? I guess it's nice for Aru to win two at the end, since he might have screwed up and ended up off the podium the way he was going a few days ago, but altogether these guys seem to make the least-effective use of their energies of anyone I've seen since Vinokourov. Though maybe that's just the power of suggestion.

It really seemed like Contador was just going easy in the end when he got over the first climb where he was dropped. I couldn't see any urgency anymore. He knows he had comfortable lead but probably acknowledged that he couldn't catch racers in front of him anymore.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Jalgratas95 said:
Mr.White said:
Jalgratas95 said:
Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:

LOL

You're assuming that he was told to stop. 2nd group started to come back when people in this group started to work together and Landa only gave up when the gap came down to like 20 seconds. And then it was less than 9 kilometers to the finish which means that climb had already started a few kilometers ago. Considering how strong Aru finished today Landa had no chance.

Landa asked Zakarin to do work and why would he ask Zakarin to do work if he has no intention to go forward? If he wanted to help Aru he would have waited for 2nd group immediately and save energy not descent that long.
He couldn't have win the group consisted of 4 riders that were behind him. It was impossible.

Stop trying to find excuses for Landa. He wasn't that strong today like he was couple of days earlier.

Try to rewatch the stage, if that doesn't help you, then I don't know.., you're hopeless

Jalgratas95 said:
Mr.White said:
Jalgratas95 said:
Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:

LOL

There is no point to explain to Berto's hardcore fanboys and Aru's haters. And for which reason I still don't know.
They are able to deny even the most clear evidence.

May 27, 2015
Visit site

Jalgratas95 said:
Mr.White said:
Jalgratas95 said:
Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:

LOL

Try to rewatch the stage, if that doesn't help you, then I don't know.., you're hopeless

Please tell me where I was wrong?

1) It took Landa long time to get together with Zakarin after he had come closer very quickly
2) Landa tried to increase lead on descent
3) Landa asked Zakarin to do work which clearly shows what intentions Landa had
4) Landa waited only when he had 20 seconds advantage and was already on last climb - not waiting on descent.

Your answer rewatch the stage is rather hopeless I'd say.

tomstork said:
murali said:

I honestly think some of you Contador fanboys are suffering from serious issues with reality

Astana won 25% of all stage in this Giro...they had the best climber in Landa
But what do you manage ot do ..call it 'chickenshit' ..(maybe someone should flag this kind of talk to the mods ?...)

and today Contador was in trouble as he said himself

"“Today was not a great stage for me,” admitted Contador. “I wasn’t feeling good, probably because of the accumulated effort"
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/05/contador-gapped-on-final-mountain-stage-but-holds-giro-ditalia-lead-aru-rallies-to-win-once-again/

But hey he was 'defensive racing' ...He was in TROUBLE

I guess most people don't care to argue against you but you are such sore losers ...and by losing I mean Contador not wining every stage and obliterating every other rider in the stage...If anyone like Landa or Froome show they can beat Contador you denigrate them with name calling and implied smears of doping but anyone points out the reality of Contadors record its 'go to the clinic'..I don't want to hear'

I will say it again you are not cycling fans as you don;t appreciate other riders efforts and skills ....you are like the Romans watching the Christians in the Colosseum...you are only here for the kill and you will turn on Contador when he no longer delivers your need for the wining rush

HelloDolly said:
tomstork said:
murali said:

I honestly think some of you Contador fanboys are suffering from serious issues with reality

But what do you manage ot do ..call it 'chickenshit' ..(maybe someone should flag this kind of talk to the mods ?...)

"“Today was not a great stage for me,” admitted Contador. “I wasn’t feeling good, probably because of the accumulated effort"
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/05/contador-gapped-on-final-mountain-stage-but-holds-giro-ditalia-lead-aru-rallies-to-win-once-again/

I guess most people don't care to argue against you but you are such sore losers ...and by losing I mean Contador not wining every stage and obliterating every other rider in the stage...If anyone like Landa or Froome show they can beat Contador you denigrate them with name calling and implied smears of doping but anyone points out the reality of Contadors record its 'go to the clinic'..I don't want to hear'

I will say it again you are not cycling fans as you don;t appreciate other riders efforts and skills ....you are like the Romans watching the Christians in the Colosseum...you are only here for the kill and you will turn on Contador when he no longer delivers your need for the wining rush

CGQ57uEWoAAJ5GG.jpg:large

HelloDolly said:

I see only one person with serious issues here and that person is you. Don't be so bitter. All your posts are so negative. Sheesh.

Re: Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 1

Nice stage today,impressive Landa and Zakarin.Very happy that Uran is back.Aru got the win,but i think the team is responsible for this by screwing Landa.I'm not surprised that Contador cracked,he worked hard in this Giro,had no team,but chapeau to him,fully deserved winner.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site

Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:

LOL

Yeah, wtf was Astanas tactics today? Landa had the stage in his pocket and a chance at winning the Giro overall, and he stops to wait for Aru. It baffles me.

Jalgratas95 said:
Mr.White said:
Jalgratas95 said:
Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:

LOL

Landa was told to wait for Aru and he wasn't happy about it.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/cykling/giro/...stisk-taktik-derfor-stoppede-astana-loejtnant

I see only one person with serious issues here and that person is you. Don't be so bitter. All your posts are so negative. Sheesh.

I guess a dose of reality can appear negative to you ..hence my quip about you fan boys not living in the real world

Like I said I like & admire Contador but its hard to like fans who denigrate other riders for no other reason but they cannot accept any form of defeat by their idol ...even if that 'defeat' is just Contador not being able to follow on a climb

And all my post aren't negative and I would appreciate you did not tell me to Sheesh.... If you cannot argue something or cannot accept what another says then I don't think you should be so condescending as to say Sheesh

Re:

HelloDolly said:

I guess a dose of reality can appear negative to you ..hence my quip about you fan boys not living in the real world

Like I said I like & admire Contador but its hard to like fans who denigrate other riders for no other reason but they cannot accept any form of defeat by their idol ...even if that 'defeat' is just Contador not being able to follow on a climb

And all my post aren't negative and I would appreciate you did not tell me to Sheesh.... If you cannot argue something or cannot accept what another says then I don't think you should be so condescending as to say Sheesh

Hmmm, i'm pretty sure the word 'Sheesh' is not an insult. You might have misunderstood it.

LaFlorecita said:
HelloDolly said:

Yeah but his post is 100% true and your reply only confirm what he said and you will find the way how respond to every argument
nobody denying Alberto Contador skills but the way you are talking here about him is so anyoing

Re:

HelloDolly said:

hello dolly! Look who won the Giro :D
contagiro08.jpg

TRENDING THREADS