• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 199km

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Jalgratas95 said:
Mr.White said:
Jalgratas95 said:
Andro said:
Jalgratas95 said:
3) I think that Landa is starting to fade. He went after Zakarin fast and started to close the gap quickly but if you noticed it took Landa a long time to close that final 12-15 seconds to Zakarin. We don't know if Zakarin started to wait for him because at one point gap between Zakarin and Landa just disappeared but Zakarin had no troubles going with Landa.
I'm sure that Landa couldn't have gone to the finish alone today and he clearly tried - asking Zakarin again and again to do some work.

LOL

Landa rides Finestre 50 seconds faster than the second fastest rider, and your conclusion is that he's weak?

Also he obviously would have won the stage if he hadn't stopped. The decision to stop was made when he had a 50 second gap to the Aru group. It was quite clear to anyone who paid attention.

He couldn't have hold off 2nd group alone and it took a long time to gap that last 12-15 seconds to Zakarin. It's true. Landa cleary pushed on descent (asking Zakarin to work also) but couldn't grow advantage over 2nd group.
Landa knew he couldn't win that one.

Which race did you watched?! Landa made +50 on the second group when he was told to stop, and pulled that same group up to Sestriere almost whole time, gaining 1min to Contador in the proces, and you say he couldn't win?!!! He would win with at least 1 minute to all others if he was allowed to ride

You're assuming that he was told to stop. 2nd group started to come back when people in this group started to .

Landa was stopped by the car, I know that for sure, and i know the exact words...I am can imagine the motivation.. just to let Aru be second.

I would like to say more things, but I cant.

Re: Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 20: Saint-Vincent – Sestriere 1

So, I just watched the stage because I didn't have time in the afternoon and holy crap, that was great. Now I just can think about how great this stage would have been if Aru hadn't cracked on mortirolo. That would have been so extremely exciting. However it was still great and to be honest, in the moment we saw alberto cracking on the finestre I really thought if it is possible that he loses so much time. I didn't expect so much action on the last big day of this giro, so at the moment I am just happy.

HelloDolly said:
I honestly think some of you Contador fanboys are suffering from serious issues with reality

Astana won 25% of all stage in this Giro...they had the best climber in Landa
But what do you manage ot do ..call it 'chickenshit' ..(maybe someone should flag this kind of talk to the mods ?...)

and today Contador was in trouble as he said himself

"“Today was not a great stage for me,” admitted Contador. “I wasn’t feeling good, probably because of the accumulated effort"
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/05/contador-gapped-on-final-mountain-stage-but-holds-giro-ditalia-lead-aru-rallies-to-win-once-again/

But hey he was 'defensive racing' ...He was in TROUBLE

I guess most people don't care to argue against you but you are such sore losers ...and by losing I mean Contador not wining every stage and obliterating every other rider in the stage...If anyone like Landa or Froome show they can beat Contador you denigrate them with name calling and implied smears of doping but anyone points out the reality of Contadors record its 'go to the clinic'..I don't want to hear'

I will say it again you are not cycling fans as you don;t appreciate other riders efforts and skills ....you are like the Romans watching the Christians in the Colosseum...you are only here for the kill and you will turn on Contador when he no longer delivers your need for the wining rush

--The lions were hunger doping! Look how skinny that Kenyan one is. And what a jaw on that one!

--Anymore of this talk and you'll all be crucified. Literally crucified. Yes, we still do that here.

I totally messed up what I was replying to so I deleted the top section so it doesn't look like I tampered with anyone's quotes, this is the translation of the link posted earlier

The video did not play, prolly due to geo-restrct

http://sporten.tv2.dk/cykling/giro/2015-05-30-offer-for-mystisk-taktik-derfor-stoppede-astana-loejtnant

Victim of mysterious tactics: Therefore stopped Astana lieutenant
By Bo Bentsen / Rasmus Staghø

This google's translation of a chunk of the article, again, these aren't my words, and for all i know, they aren't even a fair representation of Landa's, given that it's now gone from probably, his own imperfect English, to what?, Danish? and then a machine translation back to english, yikes,

Instead Landa gathered with his captain, Fabio Aru, who ran to the stage victory, but the overall Giro victory never came within reach.
- The team could see that we could win the Giro with Fabio (Aru, ed.), And they stopped me, so I could help. But it was difficult. The team decided it, and then I had to do it, says Mikel Landa to TV 2 SPORT.
He smiles as always, but the disappointment is still evident. Therefore, he does not really answer that he thinks it was a wrong choice, the team met.
- I do not know. I have many ideas in my head, and I may be biased.
Are you disappointed?
- Yes, a little.
Team's general manager, Alexander Vinokourov, was happy after Aru secured the team the victory, which was the team's fifth in the Giro.
- It was a fantastic day. Yesterday Fabio comeback, and it showed him that he could do it today. It is incredible that we only end two minutes Contador.
Why did Landa Aru?
- Aru was too close to Contador, and we went for first place. But we could see that there were too far up to Contador by four and a half minutes. We tried the maximum and won the stage, says Vinokourov to TV 2 SPORT.

Whether or not you like Contador, you have to appreciate how he has ridden this Giro: very minimal team support in the face of the Astana onslaught.

Just like one may not like Froome, but he rode like a champ in last year's Vuelta.

Same with Betancur. Like him or not, you have to admire his dedication to finishing that last bite of cake.

Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
Whether or not you like Contador, you have to appreciate how he has ridden this Giro: very minimal team support in the face of the Astana onslaught.

Just like one may not like Froome, but he rode like a champ in last year's Vuelta.

Same with Betancur. Like him or not, you have to admire his dedication to finishing that last bite of cake.

That made me laugh

Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:

This. He's had a merciless assault from a mutant Astana for the full three weeks and weathered it all amazingly well. The resilience of the guy is phenomenal. I think his chances of the Tour are pretty slim, however - it's clear he's not in the 2014 shape….yet. But that yet is pretty optimistic.

Sad to think he won't be back at the Giro.

LaFlorecita said:
HelloDolly said:
I honestly think some of you Contador fanboys are suffering from serious issues with reality

Astana won 25% of all stage in this Giro...they had the best climber in Landa
But what do you manage ot do ..call it 'chickenshit' ..(maybe someone should flag this kind of talk to the mods ?...)

and today Contador was in trouble as he said himself

"“Today was not a great stage for me,” admitted Contador. “I wasn’t feeling good, probably because of the accumulated effort"
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/05/contador-gapped-on-final-mountain-stage-but-holds-giro-ditalia-lead-aru-rallies-to-win-once-again/

But hey he was 'defensive racing' ...He was in TROUBLE

I guess most people don't care to argue against you but you are such sore losers ...and by losing I mean Contador not wining every stage and obliterating every other rider in the stage...If anyone like Landa or Froome show they can beat Contador you denigrate them with name calling and implied smears of doping but anyone points out the reality of Contadors record its 'go to the clinic'..I don't want to hear'

I will say it again you are not cycling fans as you don;t appreciate other riders efforts and skills ....you are like the Romans watching the Christians in the Colosseum...you are only here for the kill and you will turn on Contador when he no longer delivers your need for the wining rush
I see only one person with serious issues here and that person is you. Don't be so bitter. All your posts are so negative. Sheesh.
He replied to someone claiming that Contador "looked like he left a lot in the tank" and called the five Astana victories chickensh*t. Sheesh.

Being a fanboy or -girl is OK, but you've got to acknowledge reality and other rider's victories at least a bit. Otherwise it's plain obnoxious and disrespectful, and I'm guessing that's what HelloDolly was talking about.

Jagartrott said:
Being a fanboy or -girl is OK, but you've got to acknowledge reality and other rider's victories at least a bit. Otherwise it's plain obnoxious and disrespectful, and I'm guessing that's what HelloDolly was talking about.
I could believe that if it was just this post but HelloDolly has been going on about Contador fans being ignorant and clueless and disrespectful for days if not weeks. Seems like a personal vendetta to me.

Gigs_98 said:
So, I just watched the stage because I didn't have time in the afternoon and holy crap, that was great. Now I just can think about how great this stage would have been if Aru hadn't cracked on mortirolo. That would have been so extremely exciting. However it was still great and to be honest, in the moment we saw alberto cracking on the finestre I really thought if it is possible that he loses so much time. I didn't expect so much action on the last big day of this giro, so at the moment I am just happy.

he didnt crak, he just only tried to follow Landa, but he couldnt.. it was not far to he top, so it is impossible to put 5 minutes just one day this way.. if Aru would have attacked before, the Landa attack yes, could have put 5 minutes...but just at the begining of sterrato, never later, but astana just put a hard pace, didnt attack, no way, contador knew he could lose time, but not the Giro... but with 4 minutes he wanst sure, that reason he atacked in ologno, and he had the luck to have Hesjedal there to help...

Re:

Metabolol said:
Poor tactics from Astana from a GC standpoint.

They wanted Aru on the podium, in a better place than Landa, so, they did a great job.. they wanted to win with Aru, but although IMO contador is weaker than Froome, Quintana, maybe Nibali, Pinot,...he is clearly better than Aru, at least in ITT, and a litthe better in the mountains...si inmposible even with the help of Landa.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
Metabolol said:

They wanted Aru on the podium, in a better place than Landa, so, they did a great job.. they wanted to win with Aru, but although IMO contador is weaker than Froome, Quintana, maybe Nibali, Pinot,...he is clearly better than Aru, at least in ITT, and a litthe better in the mountains...si inmposible even with the help of Landa.
you are so ridiculous, contador weaker than pinot?????? weker than quintana, nibali???????????

qwer said:
Taxus4a said:
Metabolol said:

you are so ridiculous, contador weaker than pinot?????? weker than quintana, nibali???????????

no need to feed the troll

Attachments

• trollcreed.jpg
    trollcreed.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 492

LaFlorecita said:
Jagartrott said:
I could believe that if it was just this post but HelloDolly has been going on about Contador fans being ignorant and clueless and disrespectful for days if not weeks. Seems like a personal vendetta to me.

That is a lie ...I have called no one ignorant or clueless (can you point to these post please...because if you mke an accusation then you should back it up with evidence)...and I am sure I did not use the words disrespectful but if I did it is true ....Many of you are totally disrespectful to riders who beat Contador or even coem near to beating him

I do not have a vendetta....how easy you twist things to suit your own reality
You don't like anyone should point out the truth on here ...there is a clique of you who undermine and call names to riders who may usurp Contador..Your language to SKY fans is dreadful

But hey turn it into me having a Vendetta...but don;t bother calling out anyone calling Astana chickens**t

How lame your arguments ...nearly as lame as your constant hysteria over every little thing Contador does

HelloDolly said:
LaFlorecita said:
Jagartrott said:

That is a lie ...I have called no one ignorant or clueless (can you point to these post please...because if you mke an accusation then you should back it up with evidence)...and I am sure I did not use the words disrespectful but if I did it is true ....Many of you are totally disrespectful to riders who beat Contador or even coem near to beating him

I do not have a vendetta....how easy you twist things to suit your own reality
You don't like anyone should point out the truth on here ...there is a clique of you who undermine and call names to riders who may usurp Contador..Your language to SKY fans is dreadful

But hey turn it into me having a Vendetta...but don;t bother calling out anyone calling Astana chickens**t

How lame your arguments ...nearly as lame as your constant hysteria over every little thing Contador does
You just proved my point, thanks.

He replied to someone claiming that Contador "looked like he left a lot in the tank" and called the five Astana victories chickensh*t. Sheesh.

That is exactly what I mean ...there is no acknowledgement of other riders victories and there is downright disrespect of riders who beat Contador and all types of implied allegations

There is no sense of fair play ..but may be thsi forum i not for me as I feel I am tryign to point out something to people who rather just say its my problem

Okay thanks for clarifying what you meant. Then my issue is that you are generalizing by implying that all Contador fans do not acknowledge other rider's victories and thus disrespect them.. this is simply not true and is disrespectful to fans who do have a more objective view.

My advice to you is to ignore those posts and focus on the more objective ones. If you want to reply use sarcasm or banter because getting worked up isn't going to make your forum experience very pleasant. :)

happytramp said:
damian13ster said:
happytramp said:
Vino's Mum said:
Can I have a recap of the last couple of hours, please? How come Bert's behind?

Either he had a bit of a hunger knock or he rode very conservatively to save energy. Either way he was in no real danger of losing the Giro.

lol, got dropped by a group to ride alone and save energy....... the comedy by Contador's fanatics never stops

I'm about as far away as a person can get from being a Contador fanatic buddy. It's all this "OMG Contador failz" crap that's ridiculous. Not for a minute was he in danger of losing the Giro today and anyone who thinks otherwise seriously doesn't have a clue.
If somebody cracks for whatever reason, there is always a risk of loosing 1, 2, 5 or even 10 minutes. It has happened in the past and it will continue to happen. So don't look so confident. This time just didn't happen.

Astana was the strongest team
Contador was the strongest overall
Landa was the strongest climber

non of these statements is contentious. however, as i'm not a total *** i'm not prepared to put 'FACT' after any of them.

Does anyone know if this was the same route of Sestriere as was used in the 1999 Tour, (apparently there are three routes) because Aru just had the fasted time up the ascent ever according to climbing-records.com

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Juan Pelota said:
Does anyone know if this was the same route of Sestriere as was used in the 1999 Tour, (apparently there are three routes) because Aru just had the fasted time up the ascent ever according to climbing-records.com

Different routes

TRENDING THREADS