• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro D'Italia 2015

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eshnar said:
Jack_89 said:
Eshnar said:
Mark my words people... We'll see a re-edition of the legendary Merano - Aprica 1994 this year.

Berzin -> Zakarin
Indurain -> Contador
Pantani -> Aru

Only that there's no S.Cristina so AC won't be dropped by PantAru and will win the jersey.

:cool:

It could be , why not. However in these years we always don't see a long range attack by Aru.
And also this year i see him in difficult in stages with multiple mountains ( as we saw last Giro and Vuelta).
Mark my words friends
True, but last year's Giro and Vuelta didn't exactly favor long range attacks anyway. If he sticks to the last 3 km plan in this Giro, he has 0% chances to even get to the podium. So I guess he'll try at some point.
Aru seems to be Martinellis baby, so he should've teached him! ☝️

Any chance Nizzolo is going to have some sort of a breakthrough Giro d' Italia? Greipel and Matthews ain't that superior compared to the likes of Kittel, Cavendish and Petacchi at peak.

Any chance Nizzolo is going to have some sort of a breakthrough Giro d' Italia? Greipel and Matthews ain't that superior compared to the likes of Kittel, Cavendish and Petacchi at peak.

Nizzolo won the prize for most second places last year, 6 I think, beating Matthews in almost all the sprints. He is about on par with Matthews in a flat sprint, and has great positioning. Greipel doesn't take part in most the sprints as he has terrible positioning, even worse than Viviani. Nizzolo should win a stage, but more likely is that he will come 2nd in 4 or 5 stages. Modolo, Ruffoni and Viviani will be there too and could shake things up.

Re:

Enrico Gimondi said:
Does anyone know where we can watch in the USA? I see the first two stages are on beIN Sports but it looks like the rest isn't on their schedule.

beIN just hasn't updated their schedule. They are notorious for not putting the schedule up until the last minute. One thing I have learned is just to be Calm and it will show up :).

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Who will take pink at one point, with Contador supposedly planning to hold off being in the lead as long as possible?
Richie, obviously. Who else?

That actually sounds like a fun guessing game Sam. I go for Boonen/Matthews/Porte/Uran/Contador. Ofc if a big group gets ahead on stage 3 it will be pretty hard to guess, and maybe someone could hold it to stage 8 or all the way to the ITT.

DBotero said:
Team Sky confirmed the line up:Eisel,Kiryienka,Henao,Konig,Porte,Viviani,Puccio,Nieve,Siutsou.
So they changed Lopez with Eisel,that's the only surprise.

That is surprising. Lopez was set to be road captain and had been targeting the Giro since training camp. Seemed to be in good form at Trentino and Yorkshire too. I see Viviani maybe getting the chance to sprint for the win 3 times at most. Think it's a pretty odd choice to take him and Eisel. Porte won't be happy.

JRanton said:
DBotero said:
Team Sky confirmed the line up:Eisel,Kiryienka,Henao,Konig,Porte,Viviani,Puccio,Nieve,Siutsou.
So they changed Lopez with Eisel,that's the only surprise.

That is surprising. Lopez was set to be road captain and had been targeting the Giro since training camp. Seemed to be in good form at Trentino and Yorkshire too. I see Viviani maybe getting the chance to sprint for the win 3 times at most. Think it's a pretty odd choice to take him and Eisel. Porte won't be happy.

Maybe they are confident that the climbing support is enough,so they supplied Viviani with another man.Lopez was looking really good in Yorkshire,he's a good climber,i would take him over Eisel any time.

Movistar:

INTXAUSTI Beñat
AMADOR Andrey
ANTON Igor
FERNáNDEZ Rubén
HERRADA Jesús
IZAGIRRE Ion
LOBATO Juan José
QUINTANA Dayer
VISCONTI Giovanni

Very strong team as usual (just lacking the big leader). Stage wins galore and probably at least 2 riders in the top 10 overall.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
ILovecycling said:
Netserk said:
Sensible choice. Strong team, over or under 3.5 stage wins?
Hah :D :D , I dont think these bets are so profitable to risk it :p
Depends on odds but I would say under (how those odds look like?)
If the odds were the same for over and under. If it was over or under 2.5, would you pick over?
Tough to call.Probably over, Im pretty sure they'll win 2 stages, 3 is not certain but yeah I would pick over at those odds.

JRanton said:
Movistar:

INTXAUSTI Beñat
AMADOR Andrey
ANTON Igor
FERNáNDEZ Rubén
HERRADA Jesús
IZAGIRRE Ion
LOBATO Juan José
QUINTANA Dayer
VISCONTI Giovanni

Very strong team as usual (just lacking the big leader). Stage wins galore and probably at least 2 riders in the top 10 overall.

The big leader is there,too bad he is just a shadow of his former self these days.But he showed some improvements in Vuelta a Castilla y Leon,so there are some glimpses of hope.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
JRanton said:
Movistar:

INTXAUSTI Beñat
AMADOR Andrey
ANTON Igor
FERNáNDEZ Rubén
HERRADA Jesús
IZAGIRRE Ion
LOBATO Juan José
QUINTANA Dayer
VISCONTI Giovanni

Could have 4 in the top 20. Definitely Herrada, Intxausti, Izagirre (2 in the top 10) - maybe Anton and/or Hernandez. Anton probably with the KOM jersey.

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
Movistar:

INTXAUSTI Beñat
AMADOR Andrey
ANTON Igor
FERNáNDEZ Rubén
HERRADA Jesús
IZAGIRRE Ion
LOBATO Juan José
QUINTANA Dayer
VISCONTI Giovanni

Which 2 do you think will be in the top 10?

TRENDING THREADS