• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro Prize list

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know how many Euro's Menchov,or Delucca brought home from this years Giro? Who came out richer from the prize list, and where can i find out the total payout per rider/team?

sbsbiker said:
Anyone know how many Euro's Menchov,or Delucca brought home from this years Giro? Who came out richer from the prize list, and where can i find out the total payout per rider/team?

It's cycling. The prize money is always ridiculous compared to any "real" sport" (except when it comes to paying over the hill ego maniacs to merely show up). I think the winners were paid in cheese this year. :)

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I think the winner takes 90,000 euros + money for stage wins, days in pink...
It's peanuts compared to the Tour, not just other sports :((and still enough to make people cheat).:mad:

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
It's cycling. The prize money is always ridiculous compared to any "real" sport" (except when it comes to paying over the hill ego maniacs to merely show up). I think the winners were paid in cheese this year. :)

I heard it was a case of the cheapest Italian wine;)