• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro Stage 10 Civitanova Marche - Forli 200km

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wow, just wow. A stage that was predicted to be boring and predictable delivers an epic breakaway win + this kind of sledgehammer treatment for a race favourite. Don't exactly understand why riders don't know of this rule. At least both Clarke and Porte were oblivious of it.

Wow, this is pretty nutty. I don't like the ruling, but come on. Get serious dude.

Ap4hrZx.png

Re:

Jagartrott said:
Don't exactly understand why riders don't know of this rule. At least both Clarke and Porte were oblivious of it.
Yeah, however unfair the punishment seems, it was completely by the book. And one would think "knowing the rulebook" would be a fairly significant marginal gain. Guess this applies ever the more:
carton said:
It's funny when it's not tragic when otherwise smart people get the simple things wrong.

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
This is so much *** that Katusha complains about something and then the rules are followed. I remember suddenly a rich Russian business man helping Brian Cooksen with getting the UCI president position.

Very disappointed to hear about Porte. In the heat of the moment you want to get on your bike as fast as possible, you don't think "oh wait, isn't there this rule that doesn't allow me to take a wheel from a non-teammate?". Of course the rules should be applied but goddamn, what a shitty way to lose freakin 2 minutes.