• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro: what will the top 4 look like after the final TT.

What will the top 4 look like after the final TT.

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if the iit course is very technical nibali may have a chance with his better bike handling skills helping him gaining more time then he would with his better itt.

ofc recuperation comes into play on a third week itt so lets see who is better him or michele.

menchov should also be able to pass team gadret (btw is this nick official?)

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Menchov to take Gadret for 4th quite comfortably.

Nibali to take second and possibly the Giro if CAS ever comes to a decision. Which would be a shame in my view as Scarponi definitely lost time by trying to race Contador in the first mountain stages.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Menchov needs 3 minutes to be 4th. I don't believe it's possible, Gadret isn't great time trialist but 3 minutes is too big gap. As for Scarponi I'm not so sure, but it's more likely he'll hold his second place.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
if the iit course is very technical nibali may have a chance with his better bike handling skills helping him gaining more time then he would with his better itt.

ofc recuperation comes into play on a third week itt so lets see who is better him or michele.

it is only 26km. although gadret sucks at itt, but it is almost impossible for Mechov to take back 3 mins in such short flat course

Scarponi is pretty much in the same boat as Ricco, so I will be hoping he gets the lowest position he can. I am also hoping Menchov can do a great ride tomorrow (win the stage, perhaps??) and pick up as many places as possible. He really hasn't had a great Giro.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately I think it's too much for Nibali to take the second spot over Scarponi. Anything could happen but I think Nibali's too tired to make that kind of a time trial - and still he would need to do a hell of a race to make up over a minute. I think last year he beat Scarponi by just a few seconds.

However, depending on the CAS decision these two maybe racing for the Giro win :)

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
jobiwan said:
TeamGadret is no match for the Pope.

Parrulo said:

:confused:

I don't expect it to change. Menchov is too far back to grab fourth and I think Nibali blew second place yesterday. Nibali has some chance of second if he makes a quick recovery but he struggled yesterday and I doubt he can do it. From what I have heard the TT course is not one where big time gaps will be overturned even the minute or so between Nibali and Scarponi. If Menchov can grab fourth it will be an in incredible ride but the TT is too short for that sort of turnaround and Gadret won't want to surrender his position after doing so well so far.

TRENDING THREADS