• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GP Camaiore 28.02.13

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eshnar said:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Ciclismo/28-02-2013/sagan-fa-gia-paura-freccia-gp-camaiore-92237832427.shtml
according to the article Nibali tried to attack on the final descent but Moser closed the gap.

profile of descend:
thumb_uc_196143_506_Hoehenprofil_GP_Camaiore_2013_letzte_765_km.jpg

Unless its extremely technical, it would have been almost impossible to gain time here. Still, good to see him trying.

LaFlorecita said:
I see a tiny bit of Astana blue under Sagan's armpit and behind the Vini Fantini guy so I guess he finished just out of top 10

yep, 11th place

1 Peter Sagan - CAN
2 Diego Ulissi - LAM s.t.
3 Rinaldo Nocentini - ALM s.t.
4 Matthew Busche - RLT s.t.
5 Mauro Santambrogio - VIN s.t.
6 Miguel Angel Rubiano Chavez - AND s.t.
7 Francesco Reda - AND s.t.
8 Denis Menchov - KAT s.t.
9 Giampaolo Caruso - KAT s.t.
10 Michele Scarponi - LAM s.t.
11 Vincenzo Nibali - AST s.t.
12 Moreno Moser - CAN s.t.
13 Giacomo Nizzolo - RLT 40''
14 Enrico Barbin - BAR 40''
15 Mauro Finetto - VIN 40''
16 Peter Kusztor - UNA 40''
17 Jonathan Fumeaux - IAM 40''
18 Federico Rocchetti - UNA 40''
19 Blel Kadri - ALM 40''
20 Jarlinson Pantano Gomez - COL 40''

search said:
1 Peter Sagan - CAN
2 Diego Ulissi - LAM s.t.
3 Rinaldo Nocentini - ALM s.t.
4 Matthew Busche - RLT s.t.
5 Mauro Santambrogio - VIN s.t.
6 Miguel Angel Rubiano Chavez - AND s.t.
7 Francesco Reda - AND s.t.
8 Denis Menchov - KAT s.t.
9 Giampaolo Caruso - KAT s.t.
10 Michele Scarponi - LAM s.t.
11 Vincenzo Nibali - AST s.t.
12 Moreno Moser - CAN s.t.
13 Giacomo Nizzolo - RLT 40''
14 Enrico Barbin - BAR 40''
15 Mauro Finetto - VIN 40''
16 Peter Kusztor - UNA 40''
17 Jonathan Fumeaux - IAM 40''
18 Federico Rocchetti - UNA 40''
19 Blel Kadri - ALM 40''
20 Jarlinson Pantano Gomez - COL 40''

that's a good sign as well

TeoSheva said:
that's a good sign as well

yea I wish I picked him instead of Battaglin for cq game:eek: I considered him but thought that he might have some problems with the higher level in his first year as a pro

88. BATTAGLIN Enrico BAR 03'50"

Andy won the sprint of his group :D only 5'30" back :eek:
90. RODRIGUEZ GALINDO Michael COL 03'50"
91. SCHLECK Andy RLT 05'30"
92. PREMONT Christophe CRE 05'30"

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
yea I wish I picked him instead of Battaglin for cq game:eek: I considered him but thought that he might have some problems with the higher level in his first year as a pro

88. BATTAGLIN Enrico BAR 03'50"

Andy won the sprint of his group :D only 5'30" back :eek:
90. RODRIGUEZ GALINDO Michael COL 03'50"
91. SCHLECK Andy RLT 05'30"
92. PREMONT Christophe CRE 05'30"

battaglin rode with gs zalf, a team more suspicious than gewiss in the 90s, although improved in recent years back, when battaglin rode there they weren't amongs some other teams like unidelta, reason why omar lombardi failed at csf and countless other italian neo's aroudn that time

just watched the highlights on Raisport 2.
On the final climb Pellizzotti worked for Reda, who tried to breakaway with Santambrogio at the top, but the peloton reacted immediatly. Sagan was always in the first 5 position, while Moser was always at the back of the group. Gruppo compatto at the top of the climb. In the false flats after it Menchov and Sagan tried to breakaway, but Nibali closed the gap. In the descent Nibali dropped Sagan :)eek: but only 20-30 metres), but didn't gain enough to stay away. At the end of the descent Moser took the lead of the peloton and made everyone stay together. Nibali tried again when Moser stepped back because of the Lampre train forming, Nibs got a decent gap but then Moser bridged in like 5 seconds :eek:

Eshnar said:
just watched the highlights on Raisport 2.
On the final climb Pellizzotti worked for Reda, who tried to breakaway with Santambrogio at the top, but the peloton reacted immediatly. Sagan was always in the first 5 position, while Moser was always at the back of the group. Gruppo compatto at the top of the climb. In the false flats after it Menchov and Sagan tried to breakaway, but Nibali closed the gap. In the descent Nibali dropped Sagan :)eek: but only 20-30 metres), but didn't gain enough to stay away. At the end of the descent Moser took the lead of the peloton and made everyone stay together. Nibali tried again when Moser stepped back because of the Lampre train forming, Nibs got a decent gap but then Moser bridged in like 5 seconds :eek:

Moser closed on anyone trying an attack in the last 3kms. He did an amazing job considering it's his first race of the season. Very promising.

Nibbles tried on the descent and had a gap but the only technical section was 1km long. Sagan was gonna bridge on him anyway and everybody followed. He didn't even sprint in the end (not that the result would have changed :D ). He still doesn't look very good, but maybe improving. Doubt he will contend T/A.

Didn't like Lampre's tactics in the end. Neither Scarponi nor Ulissi tried anything and they both knew they would lose the sprint to Sagan.

TRENDING THREADS