• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GP de Walloonie

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Why not have a thread for this?

2011_grand_prix_de_wallonie_affiche_poster.jpg

carteGPW2011.jpg

GPW-DERNIER-KM.jpg

Profile of Last 4k:

gpwall1.jpg

Previous Winners:

2010 MARTENS Paul
2009 NUYENS Nick
2008 GARZELLI Stefano
2007 DE WAELE Bert
2006 GILBERT Philippe
2005 NUYENS Nick
2004 NUYENS Nick
2003 BRUYLANDTS Dave
2002 BRUYLANDTS Dave
2001 MERCKX Axel

Startlist

Streams: here and here and here

If anyone can find a profile map I'll stick it in.

Seems to be not quite a classic, not quite a sprint-fest.

I'll go with Blythe.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Since BMC have such a crap team for this hilly course, Im not going to say any of them will do well.
Gilbert for the win of course.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
His teammates Gilbert and Vanendert are more obvious candidates. The finish is uphill.
See this is where you should pay more attention to the links you publish. Ofc Gilbert

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
I'm SHOCKED.

But hey, why isn't Evans riding? Has he called it a season already? If so, that's disappointing. I wouldn't expect that kind of Tour winner/diva shenanigans from him.

Not sure why Cadel has ended his season so early tbh. I think he may possibly be riding tdu so will want to have a nice, long rest to build up for next season.

Profile of the final 4 kilometers, climbing the Citadel de Namur:

gpwall1.jpg

Starting from Namur, the Citadelle de Namur ascent is 2 km long. Over this distance, you climb 120 heightmeters. The average percentage is thus 6 %. (source: climbbybike)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
Vacansoleil's team is very good. Marcato, Feillu, Leukemans could all win. I'll go with Wegmann though!

Last year they had a better team and it worked against them. Ricco is gone though, that should improve their chances this year.

I hope Vanendert wins, this race is were he first showed his talent by blowing up the peloton including Tom Boonen on the Citadel de Namur in 2006.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
TeoSheva said:
Marcato will win for Bettini :p

Yes, please. Adding: Vacan are an awesome team. I like the way they're closely matched and will swap roles. They're best on moderately hard courses, but can be a factor in bunch sprints, MTFs and chronos. One of my favourites.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Break:
Schar (BMC)
Vandenbergh (KAT)
Boucher (OLO)
Popovych (RaNT)
Armee (TSV)
Duret (BSC)
Fonseca (BSC)
Joly (SAU)
Nauleau (EUC)