• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GP La Marseillaise 2022 (January 30th))

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If there were multiple Guillaume Martins in the peloton, then it would mean someone had cloned him and you know that's against the rules!
sWsCp1p.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
What happened to Valgren? He rarely finishes races on such low positions even if his form is not 100%.

For some reason he is just good in Ardennes or in the fall. Thats where the majority of his results have come from.

Rarely has he been in good form or made results at the start of the season. His Omloop win from a few years ago is looking like an outlier going through how his seasons has usually gone.

As I said- he might not be winning races all the time but even if he's at his 80%, he would still mostly finish between 20th and 40th place, even early in the season.

I also don't think there's anything inherent to his early season struggles. Last year he broke his hand in his first race day of the season so obviously it took him time to recover. In 2020 he finished 5th in Etoile de Besseges ITT. In 2018 he won OHN and in 2017 he did well in E3.

So I'm a bit worried that he finished this low today because I picked him up for my team in one of the games and it's not a great sign.

Franck Bonnamour, B&B's main rider after a strong 2021, had a rather awful crash in this race. He hit a traffic obstacle with about 115 kms to go, went even unconscious for a few moments, and was taken to the hospital of Edmond-Garcin. He has pain in the back and the head, and although no fractures were found, he suffers from a concussion. The rider will undergo further investigations and has to forfait for the Étoile de Bessèges at least.

Sad news, I was curious if he would confirm this season and finally take a win. Hopefully he'll recover soon.

TRENDING THREADS