• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

GP Samyn: 3rd March 2010

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2009
106
0
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Well it certainly ain't dull and we get:
"No balls, no glory". Someone in advertising having a sly dig at LA?

Are we sure this is live? No Balls is advertising Silence Lotto and the commentator
keeps mentioning Crédit Agricole
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Livening up nicely..

Its a lovely quality feed, shows what a difference the weather makes
 
Mar 11, 2009
3,274
1
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
All on his own. Glad you are around for the spelling.
Keukeleire comes out of left field.....literally.

Really impressive. After about 25 meters in the wind Hutarovich started his sprint on his right and he just kept the same pace until Hutarovich was wasted. Amazing how he he kept that speed for so long.
 
Apr 10, 2009
106
0
0
Visit site
samb01 said:
"landbouwkrediet" in french.
No, I speak French, and commentators don't translate proper nouns.
I think he was referring to 'un ancien équipier de Crédit Agricole'
but I was too busy to listen properly and don't know who it was.

Good racing anyway.
 
Mar 10, 2009
280
0
0
Visit site
Congratulations Jens!

I'd never heard of him before today. Twenty-one yr old first year pro that's had a good start against some pretty stiff competition. Will have to keep an eye on him.

2010 Cofidis, le Credit en Ligne

3/03/2010 1.1 1 Le Samyn
20/02/2010 2.1s DNS Volta ao Algarve, Stage 4 : Vila Real de Santo Antonio - Tavira
18/02/2010 2.1s 4 Volta ao Algarve, Stage 2 : Sagres - Lagos
17/02/2010 2.1s 10 Volta ao Algarve, Stage 1 : Faro - Albufeira
11/02/2010 1.1 5 Trofeo Magalluf - Palmanova
8/02/2010 1.1 6 Trofeo Cala Millor
7/02/2010 1.1 63 Trofeo Mallorca

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=8921
 
Mar 18, 2009
1,844
1
0
Visit site
*G*K*S* said:
Congratulations Jens!

I'd never heard of him before today. Twenty-one yr old first year pro that's had a good start against some pretty stiff competition. Will have to keep an eye on him.

2010 Cofidis, le Credit en Ligne

3/03/2010 1.1 1 Le Samyn
20/02/2010 2.1s DNS Volta ao Algarve, Stage 4 : Vila Real de Santo Antonio - Tavira
18/02/2010 2.1s 4 Volta ao Algarve, Stage 2 : Sagres - Lagos
17/02/2010 2.1s 10 Volta ao Algarve, Stage 1 : Faro - Albufeira
11/02/2010 1.1 5 Trofeo Magalluf - Palmanova
8/02/2010 1.1 6 Trofeo Cala Millor
7/02/2010 1.1 63 Trofeo Mallorca

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider.asp?riderid=8921

I agree...he will be fun to follow...that was an amazing show of strength today. I am happy for the young fellow!!
 
May 17, 2009
126
0
0
Visit site
Condorman said:
No, I speak French, and commentators don't translate proper nouns.
I think he was referring to 'un ancien équipier de Crédit Agricole'
but I was too busy to listen properly and don't know who it was.
Wrong. I speak neither French nor Dutch and probably wouldn't have made the connection if words and picture didn't match so frequently.
 
Mar 18, 2009
1,844
1
0
Visit site
OK, for those in the know...what is the story with this young rider (Jens Keukeleire)? He looked really impressive...does he have a strong youth background?
 
Mar 10, 2009
280
0
0
Visit site
TRDean said:
OK, for those in the know...what is the story with this young rider (Jens Keukeleire)? He looked really impressive...does he have a strong youth background?

After today he's sitting 28th in the Pro rankings.

Pretty slim pickin's on any information prior to 2009. He signed a two year contract last August along with his fellow countryman Kevin Ista. Hopefully we'll see these two in the mix some more this spring.

Oh, and according to his twitter page, he purchased a new blackberry last week.
 
Apr 10, 2009
106
0
0
Visit site
samb01 said:
Wrong. I speak neither French nor Dutch and probably wouldn't have made the connection if words and picture didn't match so frequently.

Concentrating on Ibsen over those years while i was getting ratted in UK has obviously
given you superior powers. I will phone my bank tomorrow and tell them their name is being used illegally.
 
*G*K*S* said:
After today he's sitting 28th in the Pro rankings.

Pretty slim pickin's on any information prior to 2009. He signed a two year contract last August along with his fellow countryman Kevin Ista. Hopefully we'll see these two in the mix some more this spring.

Oh, and according to his twitter page, he purchased a new blackberry last week.

Keukeleire has very good sprinter instincts, he is not afraid, almost like kamikaze, he is lacking a bit power and speed, but at the age of 21 these things develop quickly. I think that he has great potential.

Ista is opposite, more power and more speed, but a bit softer and hesitates in bunchsprints.
 

Latest posts