• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Graeme Obree

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
euanli said:
Basically British Cycling hate West Coast Scots ;)

You guys are too old skool! Get with the times, it's all nutrition and power now, just killing yourselves on the bike isn't enough - you need a pretty graph to print at the end of it. I mean, where did that ever get Robert Millar? ;) :p

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
Do you not know the history between Obree and Newton? It involves the GB squad in the mid-90's, Obree's bed and some urination.

I didn't know. Explains the change of heart. Thanks.

A brief trawl through cyberspace to glean a bit more information has yielded very little that's positive about Newton's character. Would it be fair to say that British Cycling's new men’s endurance coach is a complete c*ck?

I wonder if the armadillo story is true?

A

Anonymous

Captain_Cavman said:
I didn't know. Explains the change of heart. Thanks.

A brief trawl through cyberspace to glean a bit more information has yielded very little that's positive about Newton's character. Would it be fair to say that British Cycling's new men’s endurance coach is a complete c*ck?

I wonder if the armadillo story is true?
if you thought the first story was hard to find info about, the armadillo is even harder... pray tell!

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
wildeone said:
if you thought the first story was hard to find info about, the armadillo is even harder... pray tell!

Obree retaliated to the urine incident by putting a long-dead armadillo in Newton's bed.

No idea if this is true.

A

Anonymous

Mambo95 said:
Obree retaliated to the urine incident by putting a long-dead armadillo in Newton's bed.

No idea if this is true.

brilliant!

eta: thank you

euanli said:
Basically British Cycling hate West Coast Scots ;)

Why should BC be different from everyone else in Britain;)

Only joking:) Obree is a legend as is Millar. I may be getting my dates mixed up but I am sure I saw both in action in an amateur crit followed by a pro crit in Edinburgh on the same day. I think Millar had flown in from riding Amstel the day before.