• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grand Tour Elimination Game ( 2010s )

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not surprising seeing people remembering the Giro 2010 as a great race, because it truly was, even though I only got to watch like 4-5 stages in the weekend that year due to boarding school. And one of these was the Gavia stage... but the others I got to watch were truly great, Zoncolan, Mortirolo, Strade Bianche-stage... and then you obviously have the Grappa and the famous day where half the peloton went up the road.

Reactions: richwallone
Not surprising seeing people remembering the Giro 2010 as a great race, because it truly was, even though I only got to watch like 4-5 stages in the weekend that year due to boarding school. And one of these was the Gavia stage... but the others I got to watch were truly great, Zoncolan, Mortirolo, Strade Bianche-stage... and then you obviously have the Grappa and the famous day where half the peloton went up the road.
Yeah, you basically had 3 of the most iconic gt stages of the entire decade all in one race. And that doesn't even include stuff like the Zoncolan stage.

Full Standings
  1. Giro 2010
  2. Giro 2015
  3. Giro 2016
  4. Vuelta 2019
  5. Giro 2018
  6. Giro 2011
  7. Vuelta 2012
  8. Tour 2010
  9. Vuelta 2016
  10. Vuelta 2014
  11. Giro 2017
  12. Tour 2019
  13. Tour 2015
  14. Vuelta 2015
  15. Vuelta 2017
  16. Vuelta 2010
  17. Tour 2011
  18. Tour 2014
  19. Giro 2019
  20. Vuelta 2013
  21. Giro 2013
  22. Vuelta 2011
  23. Tour 2013
  24. Vuelta 2018
  25. Giro 2014
  26. Tour 2018
  27. Tour 2016
  28. Tour 2017
  29. Giro 2012
  30. Tour 2012

Huge thanks to @Forever The Best for the great trip through memory land. Obviously I disagree about some of the forum choices but this is still ended up being a really good list with the deserving winner (and the deserving loser for what it's worth)

I also find it sorta funny that since the game was started two gt's have finished and a third will in just two days. So much about a complete ranking of the most recent gt's. Anyway, we'll get our chance to rank those in another ten years ^^

Huge thanks to @Forever The Best for the great trip through memory land. Obviously I disagree about some of the forum choices but this is still ended up being a really good list with the deserving winner (and the deserving loser for what it's worth)

I also find it sorta funny that since the game was started two gt's have finished and a third will in just two days. So much about a complete ranking of the most recent gt's. Anyway, we'll get our chance to rank those in another ten years ^^
Idunno, the top 2 were the best but with a clear #1 and #2. The bottom 2 are very close imo, you can make a very good case for either. The 2012 Tour was terrible because there was no GC battle so there was next to no racing, the 2012 Giro was terrible because there was no racing so there was next to no GC battle.

Reactions: Forever The Best
Idunno, the top 2 were the best but with a clear #1 and #2. The bottom 2 are very close imo, you can make a very good case for either. The 2012 Tour was terrible because there was no GC battle so there was next to no racing, the 2012 Giro was terrible because there was no racing so there was next to no GC battle.
Giro was better for the collective sh*tting of pants when all those gc riders realized that De Gendt guy up the road is actually a gc threat.

• Haha
I think the list is good, aside from a few outliers, like Vuelta 2014, which I wouldn't rate that high . I also think 2017 Tour was better than 2016 and 2018 Tours. And of course I would rate Tour 2011 ahead of 2010 Vuelta. Also, wow 2013 was a bad year for GT racing.

Huge thanks to everyone who participated in the game.

I think the list is good, aside from a few outliers, like Vuelta 2014, which I wouldn't rate that high . I also think 2017 Tour was better than 2016 and 2018 Tours. And of course I would rate Tour 2011 ahead of 2010 Vuelta. Also, wow 2013 was a bad year for GT racing.

Huge thanks to everyone who participated in the game.
I actually think 2012 was worse. That Vuelta is a bit overrated (like the 2014 one) for nostalgic reasons. That gt seasons had the Stelvio, Fuente De and that's it. 2013 had a lot of mediocrity but not the same Mariana Trench deep lows.

Reactions: gunara and Red Rick

TRENDING THREADS