• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Granfondo overview

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I am new here at this forum and I want to introduce myself. My name is Daniel, I come from Rosario, Argentina. A couple of weeks ago I moved to NY for my work. I really like riding granfondo's in the US, but I don't know where to start searching. For my job I also need go to Europe a couple of weeks per year, in particular Germany, France and Italy. When I am in Europe I also want to ride granfondo's there if possible.

Now I am busy to make cycling plans for next year, but it's very hard to find a fine overview of all granfondo's and rides worldwide. Please do you have tips for me where I can find this? I would really appreciate that.

I don't have a full overview of all gran fondos and similar cyclo-tours - and I think such a thing may well not exist.

What I do have is a link to the Gran Fondo New York (GFNY): https://gfny.com/
Started out as a gran fondo in New York (duh), but has branched out and now has "daughter events" all over the Americas, in Europe & Asia.

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Thnx. I know GFNY. I found several calendar sites so far. But these contain mostly the granfondos of one specific country or only a couple of countries. I wonder if there is a global cycling calendar.

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Wow thnx guys. Granfondoguide is a great site for rides but cyclocalendar is really amazing. It seems very complete. Exactly what I was looking for.

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Talking about Gran Fondo's. Are there many Gran Fondo riders here?

I've been to France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Switzerland and Austria to ride Gran Fondo's.