• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Grappe wants Contador to release physiological data

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
lean said:
your ethics seem to be selective. it's unethical to share the data w/o permission, a point on which i agree. however, if you're going to discredit grappe in a public forum such as this you would need said data to do so otherwise it would be unethical. to go a step further, if you don't have permission to speak freely about the data then you shouldn't really be speaking publicly about having access to the data at all. in this case we're supposed to just believe one of two oracles, grappe who won't talk specifics or andy coggan who won't discuss specifics. both of your contributions to this discussion are, well....worthless. :rolleyes:

You seem to be reading far more into my post than you should. My point was simply that objective data support the conclusion that Contador performed quite credibly at the Dauphine, even if he did not win. I do not see how this "discredits" Grappe - all it does is place his 10% estimate in better context (i.e., if Contador really did improve significantly between the two races, it was not up from some markedly sub-par level).

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Aguirre said:
this thread sucks

who is this Grappe? why so much attention to this story?
I agree, this Grappe bloke is talking a load of bollox. ACs Daupine form wasn't exactly crappy. As has been explained already that sort of improvement could easily be explained by him tapering for the TdF and not for the Dauphine. Other equally plausible explanations are out there too. The mind boggles at why one would focus on ACs "form fluctuations" there are a few riders who seem to ride at a pretty high level through the season and he is one. There are so many other candidates.