• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Great article about healthcare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I read that last week. A great article!

Many people feel very strongly on this issue and many of them do not know all the facts. And now with all these crazies coming out spewing shit like "death panels", I am really scared that a good healthcare system in this country is going to be derailed again. The healthcare system in this country (USA) is an absolute disgrace. I know, I work in it, and I got married when I did so my wife could get on my insurance for a liver transplant, since her insurance plan wasn't going to pay for one. My wife and I are now seriously considering moving back to Australia because it is too expensive to pay her healthcare bills here in the US. I earn a decent wage, but we are severely punished financially because she got sick, through no fault of her own.

Now, if only we had a media that would investigate the facts, rather than regurgitating what crazy people say on Twitter..... :(

Cobber said:
Yeah, I read that last week. A great article!

Many people feel very strongly on this issue and many of them do not know all the facts. And now with all these crazies coming out spewing shit like "death panels", I am really scared that a good healthcare system in this country is going to be derailed again. The healthcare system in this country (USA) is an absolute disgrace. I know, I work in it, and I got married when I did so my wife could get on my insurance for a liver transplant, since her insurance plan wasn't going to pay for one. My wife and I are now seriously considering moving back to Australia because it is too expensive to pay her healthcare bills here in the US. I earn a decent wage, but we are severely punished financially because she got sick, through no fault of her own.

Now, if only we had a media that would investigate the facts, rather than regurgitating what crazy people say on Twitter..... :(
I'm delighted to find this article in The Atlantic. Hopefully it will get some legs and the ideas and explanations will spread.

The GOP is brilliant in terms of packaging their positions so that they appeal to morons.

Obama is right that we need serious reform, but the GOP is right that what he is proposing is likely to make things worse. It doesn't even address the fundamental problems explained in this article. It's really more of the same, presented as change.

We need true reform, like what is proposed in this article, based on removing many of the economic distortions in our current system that create so many problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.