• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greatest Comeback Of 2009

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
FDJ rider Sebastien Joly has had cancer and completed his treatment last year. He started a couple of races late last year but now he is back in the bunch and able to help team mates. I don't know if we can rank comebacks but this is a good story.

mr. tibbs said:
My vote goes to Operation Puerto; every year we all write it off as dead and gone but it ALWAYS surges back to take down the biggest names in the peloton. ;)

I gotta dissagree. OP will never go away. It just came back early this year when we all know it was supposed to pop up July 1st

Stani Kléber said:
FDJ rider Sebastien Joly has had cancer and completed his treatment last year. He started a couple of races late last year but now he is back in the bunch and able to help team mates. I don't know if we can rank comebacks but this is a good story.

Sounds good, as this is a polite forum I won't make any reference to any other cyclist

Dr. Wattini said:
That puts Vaughters in a difficult situation. Who will be Garmin's TdF leader, VDV or Tommy D?
This is my attempt to an April fools joke

JV aims for 2nd or 3rd anyways, look at the results so far this year. (Tyler won bye mistake because he was freelancing) JV's a super nice guy and all. (no Joke).

Besides, DZ is protected, DuH!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
two chances for Tommy D -- fat and slim

CC (that's either carbon copy of Agent Futura or Captain Chaos - your choice)
Danielson is nothing but hope and hype without the talent or results (TdF? fuggidaboutit, unless this is the poisson d'avril TdF, then game on).
Vandevelde will be Garmin's protected rider.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Wattini said:
That puts Vaughters in a difficult situation. Who will be Garmin's TdF leader, VDV or Tommy D?
This is my attempt to an April fools joke

After losing confidence in both VDV and Tommy D. Vaughters comes out of retirement to tackle the tour!:cool: