[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tuarts said:
More respect than "biggest"? I think that's as high as praise as you can get (and deservedly so). As for the wording, they're not going to launch into a essay on the importance and prestige of Monuments, its a press release aimed at Joe Public.
Well, the point of mentioning the race as the biggest in the first place was to highlight the win as something special but to me it backfires because they undersell it. Why not simply call it the biggest classic of the year for sprinters, which it is.
 
Apr 14, 2010
727
0
0
ingsve said:
"After winning Italy’s biggest one-day bike race, Milan San-Remo,..."

Isn't that a bit like saying Evans won the biggest stage race in France.

MSR deserves more respect than that...I'm beginning to think that these clowns at GE are severly lacking in cycling knowledge.
The press release is written for the broader press - not cycling geeks.

Yes, this group is so "lacking in cycling knowledge" that they've topped the the UCI world championships medal count for the last two years whilst delivering 3 world champions (Cadel, Matthews, Bobridge) and the best or second best track team in the world over the same period. I think its obvious who the clown is:rolleyes:
 
LukeSchmid said:
Surely they will be trying to help Cameron Myer defend his win from this year. Suspect they may use some riders who will concentrate on the Olympics track races so will not be around as much mid season.
Gerrans and Clarke are better candidates due to the "MTF", but Goss in form would not lose much time at all and could probably still win on time bonuses.

Sasquatch said:
Ventoso winning the MTF.
Valverde!

Valverde, Visconti, Ventoso trifecta :D
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,621
0
0
Finally, a rider of some calibre (no disrespect to the other riders meant).

Good to see, as I was fearing the worst.

All thats needed now is for Brian Nygaard to confim that he ISNT joining.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
0
0
ingsve said:
"After winning Italy’s biggest one-day bike race, Milan San-Remo,..."

Isn't that a bit like saying Evans won the biggest stage race in France.

MSR deserves more respect than that...I'm beginning to think that these clowns at GE are severly lacking in cycling knowledge.
Sorry but I think you're the clown for making such a ridiculous post.:rolleyes:

Good to see that they have signed a guy who can win some big races now. With Langeveld and Goss they have two guys who can get results in big races.
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
PCutter said:
The press release is written for the broader press - not cycling geeks.

Yes, this group is so "lacking in cycling knowledge" that they've topped the the UCI world championships medal count for the last two years whilst delivering 3 world champions (Cadel, Matthews, Bobridge) and the best or second best track team in the world over the same period. I think its obvious who the clown is:rolleyes:
You for not differentiating between GreenEdge and Cycling Australia?
 
Apr 14, 2010
727
0
0
Tuarts said:
You for not differentiating between GreenEdge and Cycling Australia?
Um, no. The the head of AIS High Performance Programme over that period was.... Shayne Bannan . The head of GreenEDGE......Shayne Bannan.

The DS for the Mens WC teams was Neil Stephens. GreenEDGE's DS? Wait for it.....Neil Stephens. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

DS for the 23's.....Matt White...and soon to be announced as GE's second DS.

Ingsve said 'these clowns are lacking in cycling knowledge'. Well, these clowns at GE include the three names above....who have a bit of knowledge (and a few runs on the board). Maybe he meant you.
 
PCutter said:
Yes, this group is so "lacking in cycling knowledge" that they've topped the the UCI world championships medal count for the last two years whilst delivering 3 world champions (Cadel, Matthews, Bobridge) and the best or second best track team in the world over the same period. I think its obvious who the clown is:rolleyes:
They have championship knowledge because of the track background which is more championship driven but I still claim that from what I have seen they have a things to learn about pro road racing. In my mind the people that will be running GE are from an outside perspective for the most part and that may well hinder them in the beginning just like it hindered Sky. Thankfully for them they'll have good DSs and some experienced riders that can take charge and handle things.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
0
0
ingsve said:
They have championship knowledge because of the track background which is more championship driven but I still claim that from what I have seen they have a things to learn about pro road racing. In my mind the people that will be running GE are from an outside perspective for the most part and that may well hinder them in the beginning just like it hindered Sky. Thankfully for them they'll have good DSs and some experienced riders that can take charge and handle things.
The guys that are running the sporting/pro road racing part of the team are the DS's such as White, Bannan & Stephens. These guys know what they are talking about. Nygaard is also invaluable.
 
Sep 16, 2009
3,157
0
0
Ferminal said:
Gerrans and Clarke are better candidates due to the "MTF", but Goss in form would not lose much time at all and could probably still win on time bonuses.



Valverde!

Valverde, Visconti, Ventoso trifecta :D
When I first read that there was a MTF I first thought of Valverde.

If Sagan rides he has it in the bag though. Gilbert should go for summer training. If he's at 70% he would still win. :D
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
0
0
Sasquatch said:
When I first read that there was a MTF I first thought of Valverde.

If Sagan rides he has it in the bag though. Gilbert should go for summer training. If he's at 70% he would still win. :D
as good as Sagan was in 2009, if some guys who can climb take things seriously I think they could take it away from Peter. Our little hill in Wilunga ain't that easy.;)
 
Mar 6, 2011
1,677
0
0
ingsve said:
They have championship knowledge because of the track background which is more championship driven but I still claim that from what I have seen they have a things to learn about pro road racing. In my mind the people that will be running GE are from an outside perspective for the most part and that may well hinder them in the beginning just like it hindered Sky. Thankfully for them they'll have good DSs and some experienced riders that can take charge and handle things.
Wouldn't be at all shocked if they done a SKY. Altough they do seem to have much more realistic goals and there isn't as much expected of them.
 
Oct 7, 2010
31
0
0
Confirmed: Jack Bobridge (Garmin-Cervelo), Cameron Meyer (Garmin-Cervelo), Travis Meyer (Garmin-Cervelo), Stuart O’Grady (LeOpard), Daniel Teklehaymanot (Eritrea), Jens Mouris (Neth/Vacansoleil), Simon Gerrans (Sky), Sebastian Langeveld (Neth/Rabobank), Pieter Weening (Neth/Rabobank),Tomas Vaitkus (Neth/Astana), Baden Cooke (Saxo Bank-SunGard), Matt Wilson (Garmin-Cervelo), Svein Tuft (Spidertech), Simon Clarke (Astana), Matt Goss (HTC-Highroad), Michael Albasini (Swtz/HTC-Highroad), Robbie McEwen (Radio Shack)

Likely to join: Allan Davis (Astana), Julian Dean (NZ/Garmin-Cervelo), Luke Durbidge (Jayco-AIS), Mitch Docker (Skil-Shimano), Michael Hepburn (Jayco-AIS), Leigh Howard (HTC-Highroad), Brett Lancaster (Garmin-Cervelo), Matt Lloyd (released Omega Pharma -Lotto), Luke Roberts (Saxo Bank-SunGard), Wesley Sulzberger (FDJ),

Trying to get a handle on who's left to "officially" join. Thier roster is nearly complete. Are there any other names in the mix (not the ones we necesarily want) Any of the "Likely to Join" going to other teams ?
 
Jul 20, 2011
619
0
0
LukeSchmid said:
Not sure, does not seem to be mentioned on the website.
They announced, he denied. there was a strange delay between Teklehaymanot being announced and anything appearing on the website.
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
Beppu is as "likely to join" as anyone now seeing how CN thinks he already has, CQ, CT thinks so too.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS