[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 16, 2009
3,157
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
I knew they'd get Davis...idiots.:rolleyes:



They won't get near that goal.
I think they were stirring you up.

It was quite clear Davis signed ages ago. I would say Davis signed before Goss. Davis was probably one of the first signings. His signing shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. You knew it, I knew it, everyone knew it.
 
I quite like the signing of Davis. He had a good season last year and showed good form at the WC. This year he has had a few problems. And he is experienced. He will be able to take on leader roles at smaller races too when Goss/ Gerrans might be at P-R/ a few other races.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
greenedge said:
I quite like the signing of Davis. He had a good season last year and showed good form at the WC. This year he has had a few problems. And he is experienced. He will be able to take on leader roles at smaller races too when Goss/ Gerrans might be at P-R/ a few other races.
the only race he did well in was at the worlds last year and the odd stage in the vuelta which he had a top 10 in. The past 2 years he has done **** all. Known to be quite a lazy rider.
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
I knew they'd get Davis...idiots.:rolleyes:



They won't get near that goal.
If you actually read and processed what I said properly, I said what would be considered a good season not what you think they will get. 22/23 wins would put them on the same level as Movistar/Europcar anyway this year, not an inconceivable target for the to try to achieve. This is partly why I quoted Ferminal, to get his opinion so idiots wouldn't respond. :rolleyes:
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,657
1
0
Tuarts said:
If you actually read and processed what I said properly, I said what would be considered a good season not what you think they will get. 22/23 wins would put them on the same level as Movistar/Europcar anyway this year, not an inconceivable target for the to try to achieve. This is partly why I quoted Ferminal, to get his opinion so idiots wouldn't respond. :rolleyes:
You're the one that is being stupid. You said what would be a good season would be around 20 or so wins. Of course it would be a goal of GreenEdge's to have a good season therefore it was fair for me to say that they won't reach that win number/goal. Don't be a ****!:rolleyes:
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
You're the one that is being stupid. You said what would be a good season would be around 20 or so wins. Of course it would be a goal of GreenEdge's to have a good season therefore it was fair for me to say that they won't reach that win number/goal. Don't be a ****!:rolleyes:

Wtf? How am I being stupid, I asked a question, not making some asinine statement, nor did I respond to that question with an answer to a completely different one. I never said 20 wins would be a good goal, I suggested it because what would be a reasonable season goal for this squad? It's a genuine question, one which doesn't need some ignorant one line statement responding negatively to a point I'm even interested in hearing or asking about. How do you know 20 wins is a goal? It was just some number I postulated, have you seen any statement with that being officially declared as a goal, do you have some inside information, please, share it with us.
 
Apr 14, 2010
727
0
0
Anyone have actual insight on who the remaining riders will be? And by insight I mean something other than simply listing Australians who own a bike and get paid for it.

The confirmed transfers thread lists 20 announced so far, GE have previously mentioned a 28 man roster. Beppu has previously been outed on twitter. Docker has been pretty widely rumoured - though not as widely as Goss and Alby - and have seen rumours (and they rode GE bikes in the WC u/23 TT) for Durbridge and Hepburn, signing those 4 would still leave 4 slots up for grabs.

Lloyd has said he won't be going, and Hausler still has a year left with Cervelo. So four slots and haven't heard anything about anyone who hasn't had stronger rumours linking them somewhere else (like Eisel).
 
Mar 6, 2011
1,677
0
0
auscyclefan94 said:
the only race he did well in was at the worlds last year and the odd stage in the vuelta which he had a top 10 in. The past 2 years he has done **** all. Known to be quite a lazy rider.
The one thing in his defence is that he was totally at odds with the Astana team for the whole year. Wasn't there even talk they wouldn't work for him even though he was team leader at the your of Turkey? Must be difficult getting results in those circumstances. jo excuse now though.
 
Apr 9, 2011
3,034
1
0
Midnightfright said:
The one thing in his defence is that he was totally at odds with the Astana team for the whole year. Wasn't there even talk they wouldn't work for him even though he was team leader at the your of Turkey? Must be difficult getting results in those circumstances. jo excuse now though.
Yes,

He had been told stage x,y were for him only to role up on the morning to be told not today.

Same as for the Tour - he would ride get ready only to be told no. he had a clear plan in Dec 201o to have it turned upside down month by month

Davis is rumored to be Lazy and I think a good kick in the a$$ will help and having structure and goals - Look at last year -

You are fat and lazy pull your finger out or you are not riding the worlds - Loses wait faster than Jenny Craig and puts in the Miles.

3rd WC and Gold in Comm games.
 
Tuarts said:
Any one day race in the classics season(s).
If we're only talking races between Het Nieuwsbland and LBL then 1-2 wins would be above expectation for any team. Winning those races are never easy and I think GE can have a successful season without winning any of these races as long as they are at least not invisible and perhaps get a podium or two.

If we also include other top one day races like Vattenfall Cyclassics, Paris-Tours etc then getting at least one win should be expected with the team they have I guess.

I would say they should get a passing grade for their first season if they have 20 wins with at least 3 wins in WT races or above (this includes stages) and at least one podium in a cobbled classic and a win in at least a semi-prestigious one day race.
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
PCutter said:
Anyone have actual insight on who the remaining riders will be? And by insight I mean something other than simply listing Australians who own a bike and get paid for it.

The confirmed transfers thread lists 20 announced so far, GE have previously mentioned a 28 man roster. Beppu has previously been outed on twitter. Docker has been pretty widely rumoured - though not as widely as Goss and Alby - and have seen rumours (and they rode GE bikes in the WC u/23 TT) for Durbridge and Hepburn, signing those 4 would still leave 4 slots up for grabs.

Lloyd has said he won't be going, and Hausler still has a year left with Cervelo. So four slots and haven't heard anything about anyone who hasn't had stronger rumours linking them somewhere else (like Eisel).
Sutton, Hayman and Lancaster still haven't been yayed/nayed. Dean/Roulston still to be confirmed,
 
May 25, 2010
3,371
0
0
ingsve said:
If we're only talking races between Het Nieuwsbland and LBL then 1-2 wins would be above expectation for any team. Winning those races are never easy and I think GE can have a successful season without winning any of these races as long as they are at least not invisible and perhaps get a podium or two.

If we also include other top one day races like Vattenfall Cyclassics, Paris-Tours etc then getting at least one win should be expected with the team they have I guess.
Well yeah, Spring classics and Autumn classics (including CSS I guess), not many teams have wins in those this season do they (especially considering Gilbert)?
 
Aug 26, 2010
364
0
0
22 riders now signed. I hope that Dave Tanner and Mitch Docker sign for GE, Tanner was the only rider who could follow Gilbert for much of his attack in Wallonie last week and Docker has looked the goods in the classics over the last couple of years. Both look to be strong riders coming into their prime. If i was to guess the remaining 6 riders I'd say Tanner, Roberts, Hepburn, Durbridge, Dean and Docker. Maybe Roulston instead of one of the Aussies...
 
Sep 27, 2009
1,008
0
0
Sydney21 said:
22 riders now signed. I hope that Dave Tanner and Mitch Docker sign for GE, Tanner was the only rider who could follow Gilbert for much of his attack in Wallonie last week and Docker has looked the goods in the classics over the last couple of years. Both look to be strong riders coming into their prime. If i was to guess the remaining 6 riders I'd say Tanner, Roberts, Hepburn, Durbridge, Dean and Docker. Maybe Roulston instead of one of the Aussies...
Teklehaimanot, Hepburn and Durbridge would count as neo-pros??
If so GE could sign 2 more riders.
 
LukeSchmid said:
Teklehaimanot, Hepburn and Durbridge would count as neo-pros??
If so GE could sign 2 more riders.
Well, it's also not always best for a new team to fill all possible 30 slots in the roster since it leaves less room for recruits next year when more riders are off contract. Sky, Leopard, Radioshack and Katusha all only had 26 riders signed their first year (Katusha went to 27 in June their first year).
 
Sep 27, 2009
1,008
0
0
ingsve said:
Well, it's also not always best for a new team to fill all possible 30 slots in the roster since it leaves less room for recruits next year when more riders are off contract. Sky, Leopard, Radioshack and Katusha all only had 26 riders signed their first year (Katusha went to 27 in June their first year).
Fair point, thankyou
 
Apr 14, 2010
727
0
0
Libertine Seguros said:
I actually don't know if I was more enthused by Pegasus' roster last year or not.
The quality of GE's roster is a big step up from Pegasus. Majority of Pegasus' signings came from PC and US Fly V rosters. I think only Tuft and Sulzberger are coming from PC of announced signings this year with Daniel T as a neo-pro. Probably a couple of more neo's in Durbridge/Hepburn, but very much PT rider roster.

With Pegasus' more 3 dimensional roster I think you'd still be relying on Rohregger and Trent Lowe (from memory) as the GC riders. I think you may be forgetting how weak that roster was. Or you're being sarcastic.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY