• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Green Edge] Shayne Bannan, Gerry Ryan and an Aussie Pro Team for 2012?

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
i thought you weren't allowed to name a horse after a brand or company name... that's a first! if the omen is correct then they'll win some stages in greipel2008-10 races... eeek

Greenedge Horse Details
Foaled On: 23/10/2008
Sex: Gelding
Colour: Bay
Sire: Excites
Dam: South Terrace
Trainer: Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes (Rosehill)
Owners: Limerick Lane (Mgr: G T Ryan)

Limerick Lane and Gerry Ryan are very astute owners, so might be worth spending some money on this youngster. I am pretty sure they will be looking at very big races for any of their horses, never mind ones with the same name as their cycling team. :rolleyes:

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Wilba60 said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarke pop up for GE in that role Gerrans used to fill....my feeling is he will be given more responsibility and support than at Astana and wouldn't be surprised to see him being a foil for Gerrans.

Clarke & Gerrans could be a decent duo. I think alot will be expected from them; who else is there for GC?

from http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/33751/greenedge-upbeat-about-pending-status

Meanwhile, the team is busy preparing for their debut.

Bannan is at a the team headquarters in Italy and will be back in Australia on the weekend ahead of their first riders' camp.

The whole team will assemble in Canberra from November 28-December 8 and then in Melbourne from December 9-12.

Most of the team attended a short induction camp soon after the September world road championships, but this will be the first time all the GreenEDGE riders have come together.

"This will be the first real training camp," Bannan said.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
They held a training camp or meeting last weekend I think.

Beppu mentioned on twitter he was flying down to Aus for a GE something-or-rather.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Canberra???? Shocker, even Pegasus rocked somewhere good (Gold Coast or Noosa iirc?)

Canberra - Home of the Australian Institute of Sport, the best Australian Sports Scientists, Australias best athlete testing facilities as well as some of the best rides and roads in the country.

Shocker.............

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Gerry Ryan has said at a lunch in Melbourne that GreenEdge's license will be confirmed on Dec 12. Good news.

well, depends what licence they get :D

Andy99 said:
Who said I was wishing anything? It's just realism.

Realistic that they will be denied by some sort of discretionary judgement, whilst they appear to have met everything required for a WT license?

Ok maybe realistic given the UCI, but it would be an unfortunate decision which would seem to be completely out of GreenEdge's hands.

Unless there's something you know which we don't, some criteria which Green Edge failed to meet.

TRENDING THREADS