• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greg LeMond's new Team

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Greg LeMond is expect to form a new cycling team, built around supporting him to win next years Tour D' France. Greg is quoted as saying that he'll smack down "the boss" and will be using his vast experience to out ride and out wit Team RadioShacky.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
LaBici said:
Greg LeMond is expect to form a new cycling team, built around supporting him to win next years Tour D' France. Greg is quoted as saying that he'll smack down "the boss" and will be using his vast experience to out ride and out wit Team RadioShacky.

That is one ignorant statement!

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
listen to mr aggressive Boeing above!!!!!!! Not permitted to laugh here or are you sleeping with the LA fish?

would love to see Lemond bring some integrity back to pro sport.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Funny thing is, if Greg lost about 50lbs, he could probably still ride pretty darned fast.

Normally people commenting on Greg's weight tend to do it in a derogatory fashion, but since this is more a statement of fact, I agree.
and i wonder how many Lipo sessions it would take to get him to race weight?
Seriously. I mean Thurlow Rodgers was in the running for the Olympic team a few years back ar 40+ , it would sure be cool to see what Greg could do in
masters racing.
I would love to be able to tell people, " yeah i was in a two man break with Greg Lemond, but then he must have been worried about my sprint so he dropped me like a sack of hammers, but we were so far ahead i still soloed to 2nd place"
Of course i wouldn't tell them it was 2010 and i never took a pull and paid him 300 dollars to let me suck his wheel for 60 miles...
:D

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
LeMond for UCI head.

Alpe d'Huez said:
The best way for that to happen is for Greg to be appointed head of the UCI.

(Yes, completely serious here. Though not my first choice, he would be a good one).

Yes, a very good choice...but what support would he have from the Pro Tour teams??

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Come on, now

American riders should respect LeMond. Even if he's out of line a bit. Everything we have today from crits in K-Mart parking lots to Tour Of California, is a result of him. I bet, even Armstrong, would acknowledge that.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
the truth. said:
listen to mr aggressive Boeing above!!!!!!! Not permitted to laugh here or are you sleeping with the LA fish?

would love to see Lemond bring some integrity back to pro sport.

I am actually laughing at the thread and am a Greg supporter. Gary Fishers are actually LeMond Treks so the irony of my comment is funny as hell to me regardless.

Greg needs ts do some work at home if Integrity is the goal here. and I support the dude

A

Anonymous

Ya know, if LeMond really wanted to push his agenda he should start his own team. That way he could implement his own testing programs in real world racing and show the world that his ideas have merit.

Then maybe people would listen and possibly utilize his methods of testing.

TRENDING THREADS