• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greipel & Bozic DQ'd

Jun 15, 2009
www.swancoaching.com
oops, missed that (so did cyclingnews race report)

Now that I hopefully got your attention... what the hell happened to the points classification?! How did Greipel and Bozic both lose 25 pt. from stage 12 to stage 13? Is there some strange rule in the Vuelta that sprinters lose points off their total in the mountains especially if it will allow a Spaniard to take the green jersey? I went through stage by stage placings and Greipel should still be in the green jersey with 101 pt. vs. Valverde with 80 pt.

Wow, of course the "new" cyclingnews reporting is not astute enough to pick up on something so blatantly strange happening in the standings. Can anyone explain this??? Of course it is hard to believe nobody at the Vuelta would think it strange that at the end of stage 12 Valverde is trailing Greipel by 47 pt. and then at the end of stage 13 Valverde is "claiming" the green jersey!

If you paid attention, you would have known. It has been said multiple times.

The bus (at 39 minutes) was outside the time limit. They judges decided to keep this large group in the race, but they gave them a penalty in points and time for not finishing within the time limit.

Jun 15, 2009
www.swancoaching.com
Dekker_Tifosi said:
If you paid attention, you would have known. It has been said multiple times.

The bus (at 39 minutes) was outside the time limit. They judges decided to keep this large group in the race, but they gave them a penalty in points and time for not finishing within the time limit.

Well, Dekker_Tifosi thank you for clearing that up. I must say, though, that I hope you have the same condescending attitude towards cyclingnews for not mentioning it in their stage 13 or 14 report. Considering that I'm not a journalist it's understandable for me to miss that piece of news... especially when the coverage I watch and read just overlooks something as big as that!

TRENDING THREADS