• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 850 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hang on, it's Volta time isn't it. David Blanco was born in Switzerland, I remember this from when I was writing up about him for a Race Design Thread route. I was assuming because of the smuggling clue that we were probably talking back to people who were young in the Civil War times. Is it him?

Hang on, it's Volta time isn't it. David Blanco was born in Switzerland, I remember this from when I was writing up about him for a Race Design Thread route. I was assuming because of the smuggling clue that we were probably talking back to people who were young in the Civil War times. Is it him?

YES. He was born in Bern to Spanish parents who had emigrated from Galicia, but they returned to Santiago de Compostela when David was only 5. According to an interveiw from 2010, he hadn't visited Switzerland in the 30 years since then (he did ride the GP Lugano in 2011, so he definitely has been there afterwards).

So... this is a bit of a problem as it very much changes things. She was on the startlist for San Sebastián when I answered that question earlier, and now she is not.

There are non-Spaniards on her team in general.
There are non-Spaniards on her team for San Sebastián.
She is not Lucía González, but with the new information above probably some other riders come into the equation.

I was initially looking at the PCS one, but they hadn't added Van Vleuten yet, so I knew it wasn't accurate. Firstcyling had done it, and while I was looking through the PCS one, they began to update theirs as well.

Teammates with Lucía González?
Teammates with Fie Østerby?
Teammates with Claire Steels?

TRENDING THREADS