• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GUSEV (ASTANA) on CERA ?

May 14, 2009
Visit site
According report of the TAS arbitration and Darmsgaard, Gusev was probably using CERA.
Coincidentaly he was fired by Astana few days after Ricco was caught by the unexpected existence of a CERA test!
Hpefully other Astana riders were safe to be uninvited on last TDF. :D

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
That would make it possible that the CONI's testing of the 2008 Giro samples for CERA might turn something up.

I thought it was decided to not test the Giro samples afterall. Or they did and couldn't handle the type of fallout from what they found.

Turd Ferguson said:
I thought it was decided to not test the Giro samples afterall. Or they did and couldn't handle the type of fallout from what they found.

The UCI and the Giro refused to test the 2008 Giro samples and 2007 TdF samples for CERA. CONI siezed the Giro samples a couple of months back and supposedly they have been tested or are being tested by the french lab.

I actually have my doubts that they will turn up much other than Ricco and Sella. From Kohl it sounds like riders on the top programs are paranoid enough not to use anything during a stage race except transfusions. But there could always be surprises.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Turd Ferguson said:
Gusev was on 2008 Giro, probably on CERA but his team leader was probably using his TDF blood after having good time on the beach.
As said Bruyneel, his boy was at only 80%, but that was enough to beat Sella and Ricco full doped with CERA!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
nobody said:
According report of the TAS arbitration and Darmsgaard, Gusev was probably using CERA.
Coincidentaly he was fired by Astana few days after Ricco was caught by the unexpected existence of a CERA test!
Hpefully other Astana riders were safe to be uninvited on last TDF. :D
It doesn't say he was probably using CERA. It says he was probably using a substance to stimulate his bone marrow, either an EPO or a substance that has a similar effect, such as CERA.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Epicycle said:
It doesn't say he was probably using CERA. It says he was probably using a substance to stimulate his bone marrow, either an EPO or a substance that has a similar effect, such as CERA.
As you have read it, CERA is an EPO ... why to mention it and not others EPO ?

Should we forget that a lot of riders were believing that CERA was safe to dope, and their surprise with its testing? what would DS do if they have such riders in their team, especially those who raced GIRO? Should we forget that CONI collaborate with LNDD to catch dopers after finding too much suspicious blood values in their testings?

If Gusev used an other EPO, why do they fire him so hastly? He wasn't caught when he doped, he couldn't probably be caught later, so they could have given him a serious warning following by more testing.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
Astana wants to say that he was using CERA epo... I dont know if I buy that one. We'll see.

No Astana wants to appear clear so they fired Gusev because he could test positive with Giro retro-testing.

TRENDING THREADS