• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Half way through, who wins the Vuelta?

Who wins?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
We're halfway through the Vuelta, and who's on form, who's off form, and who could improve has become clear. So, halfway through, who will emerge the winner?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I say Nibali, he's looked good so far. Calm and in control. By the 3rd week, if everything goes according to plan, he will be in top form.

I say Nibali.

Though I recall going into the last mountain stage of the vuelta 2 years ago 75% of the forum said Nibali too.

But I can't see lightening striking twice. Hes a better rider than he was last year and with the worlds in sight I dont think hell lose form,

I believe in Ivanhoe.

hmvw.jpg

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Given the difficulty of the parcours I would say that we'll see some bad days and shake ups before its over. I say its still wide open.

The Hitch said:
I say Nibali.

Though I recall going into the last mountain stage of the vuelta 2 years ago 75% of the forum said Nibali too.

But I can't see lightening striking twice. Hes a better rider than he was last year and with the worlds in sight I dont think hell lose form,

Was there anyone who thought he could win after Angliru??? :eek:

Nibali looks good considering he is not yet in top form. After today's ITT things will become clearer. Though Basso is very strong he's too far, it seems superhuman that Horner can survive the Pyrenees, Purito will loose again time in the ITT and he has the TdF in his legs, Roche can't possibly hang in the stage finishing at Peyragudes and Angliru. I think it's between Nibali and Valverde.

TRENDING THREADS