• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Halladay Tosses a No-Hitter!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I know there has to be some baseball fans on this forum-

So how about Roy Halladay! 2nd ever no-hitter in post season play, and his first ever post season start!! :eek:
Its probable we might never see another post season no-hitter in our lifetime.

hats off to Roy!!

A

Anonymous

He's been an awesome pitcher all season! (and before that)

I just hope Linceum and my Giants can meet up with them in the NLCS!! Now that would be a pitching duel for the ages. Each staff has some really good arms (Zito excluded!!!!)

i've always been a halladay fan, but the reds are my main team and i have to say it was embarrassing to watch...not only that they didnt get a hit off of halladay, who IMO is the best pitcher in the majors right now, but they didnt even come close to getting a hit...i think it's going to be a quick postseason for the redlegs this year :(

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
how about Tim Lincecum! very good shutout tonight.he is only 26 and already
2 Cy Young awards. impressive.

IMO he had no business winning the CY Young last year. Nonetheless he is something to watch!

On Mike & Mike this morning they said that Lincecum created 31 swinging strikes against Atlanta. The most in the regular season for one start (by any starting pitcher) was 26!

If Doc and Tim meet in the NLCS that will be epic

nvpacchi said:
IMO he had no business winning the CY Young last year. Nonetheless he is something to watch!

On Mike & Mike this morning they said that Lincecum created 31 swinging strikes against Atlanta. The most in the regular season for one start (by any starting pitcher) was 26!

If Doc and Tim meet in the NLCS that will be epic

why should he not have won the cy young?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
why should he not have won the cy young?

Personally I think Carpenter should have won it (nothing against Lincecum though, its not like he was unworthy, I just feel Carpenter was better).

Especially if you look at their pitching down the stretch. Both pitchers were pitching for the right to make the playoffs, Carpenter posted a 3-1 record with a 2.41 ERA in Sept/OCT, while Lincecum was 2-3 with a 3.38 ERA. Not shabby numbers from Lincecum by any means, but when your team is in the playoff hunt, it is time to elevate your game, not take a step back.

Adam Wainwright may have been more worthy too. He posted a 10-2 record 2.10 ERA in the second half. Lincecum 5-5 record with a 2.67 ERA in the second half

nvpacchi said:
Personally I think Carpenter should have won it (nothing against Lincecum though, its not like he was unworthy, I just feel Carpenter was better).

Especially if you look at their pitching down the stretch. Both pitchers were pitching for the right to make the playoffs, Carpenter posted a 3-1 record with a 2.41 ERA in Sept/OCT, while Lincecum was 2-3 with a 3.38 ERA. Not shabby numbers from Lincecum by any means, but when your team is in the playoff hunt, it is time to elevate your game, not take a step back.

Adam Wainwright may have been more worthy too. He posted a 10-2 record 2.10 ERA in the second half. Lincecum 5-5 record with a 2.67 ERA in the second half
dully noted.

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
This may be an unpopular opinion around here but Yankees will win it all!

Not only unpopular, but too predictable...

wanna make a real prediction? how bout the Cubbies for next year's world series! :D