• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Has Cav lost the plot?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23102009/58/blazin-saddles-cav-white-stuff.html

Twenty-four hours after picking up an award in Belgium wearing a garish white suit from the Ashley Cole school of sartorial elegance, Cav put in an appearance in Italy with his new girlfriend, Fiorella Migliore, winner of a recent beauty pageant for women of Italian heritage.

Tall, good-looking film stars such as George Clooney and Clive Owen can pull off dressing entirely in white: Cav, put simply, cannot.
Maybe it's his pink face, his jowly jaw line, his diminutive stature - who knows? Certainly, it would help if he didn't appear to shop in Primark. But even if he was sporting head-to-toe bespoke Savile Row, the Manxman would struggle.

He obviously thought he'd dress for the occasion but instead did his best impression of any given Premier League football star on his wedding day. The whiter-than-white monstrosity covering Cav's torso looked like it was made from polyester in a Bangkok factory employing workers short of sight and deprived of thumbs.

It was the kind of suit that you could pour red wine on, only for it to slide to the floor without leaving any trace. Someone once had a pop at Saddles for calling the Team Columbia maestro "Cav the Chav". Well, let's lay that all to rest now, eh?

On the back of his road-race success this year, Cavendish released his snappily named autobiography Boy Racer' in June.
The book itself was as so-so as you would expect from someone about as articulate as Wayne Rooney's armpit, containing the expected scattergun of arrogant boasting and one rather bizarre suggestion that rival rider Filippo Pozzato "just fancies me".

Perhaps the most telling part, however, was the book's dedication in which Cav admitted to being both a "charmless scally" and an "arsehole" during a seemingly heartfelt message to his then-girlfriend Melissa.

"Lissie, you were there when I was a 16-year-old scally with no money and sometimes even less charm, and you're still there for me now that I'm a lot older but unfortunately, on occasions, no less of an arsehole," his ghost-writer wrote:
"I won't make it up to you with this book or this dedication; I can only hope that I might by loving you and thanking you for being the best thing in my life."

Well, forget the book and dedication. He didn't make it up to her at all, full stop. So good was Lissie in fact that Cav ditched his childhood sweetheart of eight years at the same moment that the pair were meant to be planning their autumn wedding.

While Lissie was there when Cav was moneyless, it seems that now Cav is rolling in cash he has no need for the previous best thing in his life and can move on to bigger and better things - namely Paraguayan models of Italian provenance.

Signorita Migliore must feel rather special now she has bagged herself the hottest property in cycling - although if she's read his book she'll presumably take everything that Cav says (via an interpreter) with a pinch of salt.
It's not hard to see what Cav sees in his new squeeze - she may have an "outie" bellybutton but even BS would come to terms with this if placed in Cav's Sidi Cycling Shoes. But just what she sees in Bingo is hard to pin-point.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
story on cycling news site says that cavendish was instructed to wear this white suit by the organisers, I think he might be a bit of a bender but I dont think we should abuse him incorrectly :S

Is he really a millionaire?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Well it´s not really a serious column, the blazing saddles bit is meant to be a comedy section, although I think they get too personal and are just insulting sometimes(like this one). It´s quite amusing sometimes though..

A

Anonymous

is there any particular reason why the hog likes to restart existing threads with his own name and opinion at the beginning..

im sure the "is cav the new chico" thread dealt with the new girlfreind, the new car, the white suit perfectly effectively..

and yes, i do realise i have said chico...

whatever happened to that other fellow (whos name has been erased from my memory)... :?

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
is there any particular reason why the hog likes to restart existing threads with his own name and opinion at the beginning..

I think you might have answered your own question there.

A

Anonymous

53 x 11 said:
I think you might have answered your own question there.

his reply button doesnt work?

hang on, is he, whotsisname... damn, ive only just realised... :eek: sorry guys, im a bit slow.. carry on..

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I thought he didn't look too bad in the white suit. It fit with the "The Stig" gag they were doing.

Who he's ****ing is the least of my worries. If you don't understand why hot girls cause trouble, then stop looking at them. I dareya.

Fact is, next year, without George Hincapie pulling his leadout train, Cav is going to have more trouble finding the line ahead of Farrar and Hushovd.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
A rather feeble hatchet job if you ask me. I dislike Cavendish's attitude and don't find it enjoyable to watch him be tractored into a fifty second race, but I thought that it was a bit of an unresearched dig, needless, and to he honest, more bileous than funny.

The whole thing about going from childhood sweetheart to Italian model was something I was interested to find out about, and I have my opinions on what happened there, but it was neither done in a balanced or informative manner, nor even amusingly so. It just felt like another dig, because the writer could.

On reading it, it struck me as being more of a personal score settling, which has had the effect for me of making the writer the unpalatable party.

thehog said:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23102009/58/blazin-saddles-cav-white-stuff.html

Twenty-four hours after picking up an award in Belgium wearing a garish white suit from the Ashley Cole school of sartorial elegance, Cav put in an appearance in Italy with his new girlfriend, Fiorella Migliore, winner of a recent beauty pageant for women of Italian heritage.

Tall, good-looking film stars such as George Clooney and Clive Owen can pull off dressing entirely in white: Cav, put simply, cannot.
Maybe it's his pink face, his jowly jaw line, his diminutive stature - who knows? Certainly, it would help if he didn't appear to shop in Primark. But even if he was sporting head-to-toe bespoke Savile Row, the Manxman would struggle.

He obviously thought he'd dress for the occasion but instead did his best impression of any given Premier League football star on his wedding day. The whiter-than-white monstrosity covering Cav's torso looked like it was made from polyester in a Bangkok factory employing workers short of sight and deprived of thumbs.

It was the kind of suit that you could pour red wine on, only for it to slide to the floor without leaving any trace. Someone once had a pop at Saddles for calling the Team Columbia maestro "Cav the Chav". Well, let's lay that all to rest now, eh?

On the back of his road-race success this year, Cavendish released his snappily named autobiography Boy Racer' in June.
The book itself was as so-so as you would expect from someone about as articulate as Wayne Rooney's armpit, containing the expected scattergun of arrogant boasting and one rather bizarre suggestion that rival rider Filippo Pozzato "just fancies me".

Perhaps the most telling part, however, was the book's dedication in which Cav admitted to being both a "charmless scally" and an "arsehole" during a seemingly heartfelt message to his then-girlfriend Melissa.

"Lissie, you were there when I was a 16-year-old scally with no money and sometimes even less charm, and you're still there for me now that I'm a lot older but unfortunately, on occasions, no less of an arsehole," his ghost-writer wrote:
"I won't make it up to you with this book or this dedication; I can only hope that I might by loving you and thanking you for being the best thing in my life."

Well, forget the book and dedication. He didn't make it up to her at all, full stop. So good was Lissie in fact that Cav ditched his childhood sweetheart of eight years at the same moment that the pair were meant to be planning their autumn wedding.

While Lissie was there when Cav was moneyless, it seems that now Cav is rolling in cash he has no need for the previous best thing in his life and can move on to bigger and better things - namely Paraguayan models of Italian provenance.

Signorita Migliore must feel rather special now she has bagged herself the hottest property in cycling - although if she's read his book she'll presumably take everything that Cav says (via an interpreter) with a pinch of salt.
It's not hard to see what Cav sees in his new squeeze - she may have an "outie" bellybutton but even BS would come to terms with this if placed in Cav's Sidi Cycling Shoes. But just what she sees in Bingo is hard to pin-point.

WTF is this?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
shawnrohrbach said:
WTF is this?

A rather unsubtle attempt at trolling methinks.

If there was a photo of the 'outie' of the young lady in question than this thread could have credibility.

+ points for Cav on his choice of lady and car
- points for wearing a white suit - even Cipollini would have a tough time carrying that off.

EDIT!... I have just watched the video - Cav was wearing a white suit as the 'show' had a reference to the Stig, who wears all white!

Hey Hog - you like white suits, maybe you should put in an offer?

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
:rolleyes:

05_fiorella_migliore_paraguay.jpg

If you want more, try here.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Cartesian Centaur said:
:rolleyes:

If you want more, try here.

Better - but I want proper pictures of the 'outie' - Cav's reputation as an athlete is on the line here.

I am more of an 'inie' (sp?) myself but I have no hard rules - and indeed if you add beer I have no rules at all.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
derailleur said:
Fact is, next year, without George Hincapie pulling his leadout train, Cav is going to have more trouble finding the line ahead of Farrar and Hushovd.

Matt Goss, Andre Greipel, Mark Renshaw, Bert Grabsch, Michael Rogers, Tony Martin, Bernard Eisel - still a reasonable lead out train for him.

TRENDING THREADS