• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Has Eddie lost it?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mrs John Murphy said:
But not as hilarious as your inability to recognise when someone has their tongue in their cheek. Perhaps if you unwrapped yourself from the flag and took your head out of Dertie's **** you'd maybe see things more clearly.

It's not my fault that you're cycling's equivalent of a Justin Bieber fan.

first i am not spanish. second i pretty much said in my post that i think he is doping so i don't know what makes me such a blind fanboy. and what makes him different then some1 like schleck or any other GT contender?

i love to watch cycling hardly and dislike any rider and when i do its mostly for reasons other then doping(like the schlecks only 4 weeks a year policy) all you do is hate and proclaim to be sure when some1 else is doping. do you enjoy cycling? do you even know there is a road section where you can discuss racing and talk about something other then doping?

anyway this is way off-topic so sorry mods

i defend him when people call him a dovche which happens a lot. i don't think he is a dovche simple as that. nor do i think cav is one like many people call him nor schleck and same for many others. i also don't see evil(doping or not related) intentions in everything a cyclists does like many clinics do.

but you can think what you want and not a single **** will be given by me :p

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Damiano Machiavelli said:
If a rider is in bad enough condition to require injections then he is not fit to race. He can drop out and get whatever injections he needs.

100% agreed. If it's a serious health issue then the rider is done for that race. It happens to amateurs and lower level pros all the time. Learning to maintain your dietary and fluid balance is an essential part of racing and a lesson I've yet to totally grasp. I've lost several big races by bonking and it is a stupid mistake.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Mr. O'Clock said:
Merckx has the most complete understanding of professional cycling. Using needles for re hydration vitamins, etc. are likely important for the well being of GT cyclists. Because a supplement is injected does not mean that it is a PED.

Eddy Merckx introduced Lance Armstrong to Dr.Ferrari, the premier doping doctor. How is it not cut and dry what Merckx thinks of doping? Actions speak louder than words. Do you people still believe the earth is flat? I can't help you if you can't put 2 + 2 together.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Mr. O'Clock said:
Merckx has the most complete understanding of professional cycling. Using needles for re hydration vitamins, etc. are likely important for the well being of GT cyclists. Because a supplement is injected does not mean that it is a PED.

Exactly.

This is NOT a ban on Recovery Products.
All TdF riders are EXPECTED to use Recovery Products
You HAVE to.
2000 miles total, day after day at 40km/hr average speed, Mountains.

World Class Pros have to use recovery products to survive duh.
Some teams use cyrogenics.
Legal potions and lotions.
Yes, and some recovery products are more effective when administered by needle.

"Oh, but if you need the more effective delivery system - you are not Tour Worthy"
C'mon, that is foolish.

The "No Needle Policy" is a publicity stunt.
PR.
Its obvious, c'mon.

And riders will continue to use PEDs by needle of course.
Why would the needle ban stop them lol.
But now riders will be tempted to use LEGAL recovery products by needle.

When the Gendarmes find needles in the trash, are they from PEDs or vitamins?

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
---------removed quote of deleted post --------

mods, why do some members have permission to be rude etc and even when then don't add nothing to any healthy discussion besides insults and stupidity, they are "free"? it's a family thing?

their lack of respect to the sport, cyclists ("dertie" in any post, even in other subforuns--not to mention that so far, the rider isn't guilty) and other members is something bad for this forum. if good-sense isn't something that the mods around here have\praise (only reason for this guy being able to post) at least do it for the success of this website.

guys like this should be banned forever.

thanks.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
c&cfan said:
mods, why do some members have permission to be rude etc and even when then don't add nothing to any healthy discussion besides insults and stupidity, they are "free"? it's a family thing?

They do NOT have permission to act in this way
If a moderator had seen this post it would have been acted upon immediately
Only one of the people who have seen this post so far has used the "report to moderator" function to notify us of the problem. As soon as I saw this, I acted upon it.

Mr. O'Clock

BANNED
Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
If the GIRO or TOUR want to ban needles they can. I would like to see them stop using needles, team cars, race radios.The pros should also ride heavy steel bikes, carry their own tubulars, Fausto style, aviators goggles mandatory. Seriously, from what I have read, one of the first activities that a pro team will do before hiring a cyclist is to do a blood draw, testing hemocrit and other oxygen/blood factors. If forinstance during a race a doctor wanted to do a blood draw to test their own rider should that be banned also. In the case of an infection should a rider quit, because he can not have an emergency antibiotic injection? Having a private doctor supervise any kind of testing or shots is outrageous. The team doctors are perfectly competent to insure their athletes help. Eddy is right again, always he shall be. Eddy knows what is good for the cyclists. Vaughters dropping out because of a bee sting, and not being able to use cortisone is malarchy, purely a publicity stunt. Their is no reason the tour organizers should not have let Vaughters use his cortisone to help his inflamation. Vaughters should have been able to medicate and continue with his job. Pro-Cycling is a job.

c&cfan said:

Not only is it not acceptable, as Martin noted, it's also a good way to make yourself unable to post for a while.

If people insist on insulting each other, you're going to find yourself sternly warned at best and on a very short leash.

:mad:

TRENDING THREADS