• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hell Has Frozen Over: Lance "Considering" Admitting Guilt

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what it's like to be an unemployed single parent of 5 children with a felony record in the great state of Texas.

Lance may be on the way to discovering the answer.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
keeponrollin said:
.. how far will he get into the Interview before he mentions LiveStrong ? :mad:

I think he'll do it within the first two minutes. It'll be something along the lines of:

"I know what I took part in was wrong; but I thank God/Allah/Buddah/FSB that I founded LS to help Cure Cancer because that means it wasn't all bad ...."

So it'll be all a case of the other boys made me do it; but hey, I did start a cancer charity.

I absolutely guarantee that the lopsided scrote will pitch his Livestrong PR agency as some kind of validation for what a nice guy he is, & neatly avoid any questions as to why he got cancer in the first place !

Here's a not-so-long shot: "In the beginning I took some steriods to recover from some injury and it helped by recovery. I had to do that several times to fulfill my obligation to teammates and won the Tour XXXX times. The Livestrong Foundation was doing well but, er....lagging after my retirement. I felt it was my obligation to do anything it took to refresh the excitement and good will of Livestrong and, yes; I was willing to jeopardize my health by taking a few minor recovery aids to achieve that noble goal. I never realized that the many jealous, petty losers in the world would seize those few moments of my weakness to undo all of the good that has been achieved. Shame on them!".

Or some version of that...

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
CobbleStoner said:
that is not a very accurate analogy, she did not complete the course, so she couldn't have won. if Lance would have done that, it would have been easy to catch him.
Lance still pedaled every stroke, doped to the gills, but he rode it, beat the tests and and everybody else in the races.

so Bennatti, let's say your wife was pregnant and ready to deliver, on the way to the hospital you rolled through a stop sign. A week later you get a letter from the police saying they have you on video rolling the stop sign, since that is illegal, your trip to the hospital now didn't happen, are going to believe them?

Completing the course is a rule, just as not using PEDs is a rule. Rosie broke the first one. Lance broke the second one. The analogy stands.

cineteq said:
And now he seems to want to testify against others??? :eek:

Charlie Kaye @CharlieKayeCBS
@CBSNews has learned Lance Armstrong has indicated a willingness to testify against others involved in illegal doping.

Ok! This is where he can do some good for the sport!!! Give up the Higher Ups....not a few riders.

86TDFWinner said:
Well played! Besides, if he were to get the 8 yr ban reduction from WADA, that'd make him 49, who's going to want to see a one nut, lying, doper do anything? he certainly won't win anything at that age.

He will. It's not about the bike after all. It's about cheating and winning those epic age-group triathlons nobody watches.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
There are many rules in pro cycling, both written and unwritten. My favorite rule?

Any rule might be broken at any time, depending on the circumstances . . ..

I thought the first rule of fight club was no rules. seems I was wrong

fight,club-0f70e393679f44542819de99836c03ac_h.jpg

TRENDING THREADS