• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hell Has Frozen Over: Lance "Considering" Admitting Guilt

ESPN'S reporting Wonderboy is "considering" admitting to the whole enchilada, so he can get back to.competition. Donkeys have flown, the tooth fairy really DOES exist, blah blah blah. He's only doing this now because of the hit he's taken. The guy is just unbelieveable. Just when we all thought we've seen it all with this a$$hole, he tops it. This oughta be good.

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
It will be such a bland admission , name nobody, everyone was at it.

The admission will leave everyone on here empty and deflated and allow him to start racking up the dollars again.

nevada said:
It will be such a bland admission , name nobody, everyone was at it.

The admission will leave everyone on here empty and deflated and allow him to start racking up the dollars again.

Probably right. Looks like he was hit where it counts the most, in his wallet. Personally, Id love to see him suffer a bit more publicly, financially, and privately for ruining a sport I've loved for over 25 yrs. Christ on a bicycle, he certainly makes things interesting.

86TDFWinner said:
ESPN'S reporting Wonderboy is "considering" admitting to the whole enchilada, so he can get back to.competition. Donkeys have flown, the tooth fairy really DOES exist, blah blah blah. He's only doing this now because of the hit he's taken. The guy is just unbelieveable. Just when we all thought we've seen it all with this a$$hole, he tops it. This oughta be good.

Under the WADA code the best he should be able to get is a reduction from liftetime ban to eight year ban. The reason given has to be posturing.

Woody22 said:
He will NEVER admit it.

He will. Armstrong's primary motivation for a very very long time has been cultivating public adoration of himself. He does not have it in him to live quietly with his money, the public be damned. His ego won't allow that. Admission is the only way he has to try to turn things around.

86TDFWinner said:
Well played! Besides, if he were to get the 8 yr ban reduction from WADA, that'd make him 49, who's going to want to see a one nut, lying, doper do anything? he certainly won't win anything at that age.

New goal: Be the fittest fifty year old on the planet.

It gets a little lamer and a little more meaningless every year.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
Well played! Besides, if he were to get the 8 yr ban reduction from WADA, that'd make him 49, who's going to want to see a one nut, lying, doper do anything? he certainly won't win anything at that age.

He can get back on the juice and he'll win something at 49.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
He will admit the fact of using doping itself that can't become something new for us by and large. But sadly he will never tell about everything in details.

speedo

BroDeal said:
New goal: Be the fittest fifty year old on the planet.

It gets a little lamer and a little more meaningless every year.

and i thought that was me............even wished for a speedo from santa

what an inept news story...............lance won't be confessing even if

he hoped to return to competition

everyone would laugh too much at his lies and deceit

time to bring out my fave lance quote ' if i had used PEDS...........how could

i ever look in my kids faces..ever again '

ebandit said:
and i thought that was me............even wished for a speedo from santa

what an inept news story...............lance won't be confessing even if

he hoped to return to competition

everyone would laugh too much at his lies and deceit

time to bring out my fave lance quote ' if i had used PEDS...........how could

i ever look in my kids faces..ever again '

faces or feces?

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Read this item , which is so full of hot air that Juliet Macur seems to think " April Fools Day " is now the beginning of January ! No wonder she got this past her editors , there is nothing there !
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/05/s...-said-to-weigh-admission-of-doping.html?_r=1&

Remember that i predicted , last year , this matter would kick off again in April/may , after the " Presidential Honeymoon ( 100 day sleep ) "? Seems the drivers are already revving their motors and spinning their wheels .

Flag won't drop fpr a while yet .

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
He will admit it...but hey, they all did it, - that´s why we had to dope to, so we could be competitive against all the evil Europeans...
Guess that will work with the american public.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Fidolix said:
He will admit it...but hey, they all did it, - that´s why we had to dope to, so we could be competitive against all the evil Europeans...
Guess that will work with the american public.

Maybe with the Fox crowd, but lots of sports broadcasters dont like the guy anymore so will not be too willing to aid him in his confession.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I think all depends on wheter the Justice Department will sue him if he would confess, he doesn't want to be 'bendover-wonderboy' in jail, he just wants to play triathlete, quite sad in my book. Like a little kid who isn't allowed to play with his friends.

Otherwise this would again be a nice spin by wonderboys team.

Just confess, throw Johan, Marti et all under the bus, have some dignity for once.

What were the reasons you guys hated Armstrong so much again?

I know he's a cheat and he was never my favorite rider, but it is the past. Why let Contador keep his 2010 Tour but crap all over Armstrong on this forum.

He was not the first cheat, nor will he be the last.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Panda Claws said:

I know he's a cheat and he was never my favorite rider, but it is the past. Why let Contador keep his 2010 Tour but crap all over Armstrong on this forum.

He did set out to destroy people in the process of his cheating and doping.

He slandered and tried to drag people through the mud and bring financial and mental ruin upon people or do you ignore that facet of Armstrongs cheating?

Have you also forgotten how he colluded with UCI and the ASO to continue his dopin and cheating?

Panda Claws said:

There's a whole thread devoted to why we hate Armstrong so much. Dig it up.

And Contador didn't get to keep his Tour title. You won't find many people defending Contador in The Clinic (although there are a few banboys/girls).

Panda Claws said:

Oh my. Do try to keep up.