• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hello and Welcome

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello! Where from ? What do you ride ? Who do you watch ? etc...

Myself: Luxembourg, Europe - BMC Promachine - Anything under Bruyneel's management and about 12000k / year (no races).:)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I live in the U.S., Pacific Northwest at the moment, but moving back to Georgia ASAP.

I ride an Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel. 8-10k miles per year.

I'm a strong generalist, so my favorite rider has to be Voit.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest (USA)
Currently riding Trek 5200 full carbon. I'm a fan of the grinders...the big guys who really pound it out...Thor, George, Axel (before he retired), etc.

late,
Coz

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
Avondale, Arizona (Western suburbs of Phoenix). Cannondale System Six, Felt Virtue 2, Schwinn Madison, On One geared hardtail MTB. Ride year round. Abut 8k miles a year (150/week with a handful of weeks traveling for work and not riding). Love the sprinters - Cav, Boonen. Also love the guys who can win from 1k out - like Cancellara in Milan SanRemo last year - http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2008/mar08/msr08/?id=results. Or does anyone remember Chris Wherry attacking Danny Pate and Chris Horner on the last climb in Philly in 2005 and holding on for the win? http://www.bike-zone.com/road/2005/may05/wachovia05/?id=results/wachovia05USPRO.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Greater Seattle, WA area (USA), I currently ride a '06 Trek Madone 5.9 full DA, Favorite teams: Astana, Garmin, Columbia, Saxo, Cervelo in order. :D Always a GC fan, but over time the Classics guys are becoming year-round favorites. Boonen, Devolder, Hincapie, Hushovd, Cancellara, etc. I only rode 4-5k kilo last year, hoping for at least double this year.

Hey all, I'm from eastern Canada (Ontario). Currently ride a Bertrand bike (local bike manufacturer), and only put out about 5000 k last year. Freak weather where I live + a couple of crashes = not a lot of fun.
Favorite active teams in order: Caisse D'Epargne, Astana, Team Saxobank, Cervelo Test Team.
Favorite active riders in order: Alejandro Valverde, Fabian Cancellara, Alberto Contador, Tom Boonen.
Favorite race: TDF of course ;)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
From G'day from sunny Brisbane in Australia. Don't know about you guys but its nice and warm here at the moment.

Ride Just picked up my new BMC Roadmaster with SRAM Red

Watch Anything with cycling in it, but more importantly the TV IS MINE in the month of July

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello - yet another person from the Pacific NW.

I live in Seattle and split my time between a Canyon CF Pro with Chorus and a Moots Vamoots with Ultegra. I live in the U-District, but most of my riding occurs on Bainbridge Island - it's kind of nice to get out of town and enjoy some riding sans traffic and stoplights.

I'm a returning student splitting his time between a 30 hour work week and a full time schedule at University of Washington studying mechanical engineering, so my mileage isn't as significant as I'd like it to be. My season usually starts at the end of the school year, but I try to sneak in a few rides in the spring when time allows.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
From Auckland, New Zealand. Ride a Fondriest Mega, mainly for fitness but enter a few fun events each year. I follow the European season closely and read CyclingNews.com virtually every day of the year. I went on a trip to last years Tour de France, a fantastic experience and rode some of the big climbs while there.

TRENDING THREADS