• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Help required

I have a 2025 Giant TCR Advanced Pro and am trying to find triathlons bars that fit, has anyone come across this issue.

Too many to list, and if you are trying to migrate shifting and braking to the bars, completely different animal. Easier if you have electronic shifting but if tri bars are your everyday desired setup bike reconfiguring will be needed and the seat tube angle is problematic even with available slammed forth posts and shallow rail seat. On a road bike w regular reach stem..like 100,110,120 you are super super stretched out and besides no lateral stability, you can't get your hips in front of the bob to generate any power. Many people permanently or for a race will slam seat forward and get the position that way. I have a 130 on my bike and modern positioning has my seat moved forward by over 15mm and seat tilted ever so slightly down. I can feel my body trying to push back against the seat more than previous position.
Most of the dedicated triathlon bikes have a super super steep seat tube angle and laid back fork rake or head tube angle so you are not crashing all the time or feel like you are turning a unicycle.

Reactions: jmdirt

That's a beautiful, beautiful bike w a sane,reasonable seat tube angle!!

Ugly, should not be made!! Yuck..and yes, speed only, cool, but who has an extra $7-12,000+ for a bike you can't use for a coffee or beer outing!!

Reactions: jmdirt