• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have, or know where I can find a comprehensive list of all road doping charges, admissions, and serious allegations (aquital of charges) for the past 20 years?

http://www.uci.ch provides lists starting only in 2006 and only for UCI recognized charges.

thanks

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
I'm thinking they're all pretty much in the hatestrong thread :p
The past 10 years are easy - primarily because of the hatestrong campaign. What I'd like to find are the charges and admissions from say 1985 through 2005.

Times have not changed that much, just the publicity.

Eddy Merckx of Belgium tested positive for the stimulant Reactivan at Savona during the 1969 Giro d'Italia, after leading the race through 16 stages. Merckx was found positive at doping control and expelled from the Giro. The controversy began to swirl when his test results were not handled in the ordinary manner. The positive doping control was released to the press before all parties (Merckx and team officials) involved were notified

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Times have not changed that much, just the publicity.

Eddy Merckx of Belgium tested positive for the stimulant Reactivan at Savona during the 1969 Giro d'Italia, after leading the race through 16 stages. Merckx was found positive at doping control and expelled from the Giro. The controversy began to swirl when his test results were not handled in the ordinary manner. The positive doping control was released to the press before all parties (Merckx and team officials) involved were notified

He was twice positive! God... Human nature and pro sports (the end all of this F-d up world) has not changed one bit.

And it was Eddie Merckx that hooked Lance up with Dr. Ferrari. ha! And now Axel Merckx who was also a Ferrari cleint now works for the Lance Armstrong development U-23 team. eh he he he... Yeah your "clean" Taylor Phinney hahahah.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
that will give you the convictions.. unless someone has been playing on wikki, it shouldnt contain any unproven rumours..

LOL :D

I read wiki stuff all the time...then saw that news article about people messing with some of the stuff and the fallout and attempts to user patrol it...

Later while researching information on surverying tools like a theolodite, I ended up on a page about Dumpy Levels...a surveying tool, still called that today I believe.

Here's the article if anyone cares to read about Dumpy Levels :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumpy_level

The funny thing is someone had gotten in there and for a couple of days the whole of the article was dedicated to how the Dumpy level was used "in the bathroom" with various clever, and at the same time stupid, replaced words in the sentences.

I guess the moral is...it's quite possible for someone to tamper with that list...but in the case of the Dumpy Level, it only lasted for a couple of days. Someone eventually polices it up ;)