• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
hello. i'm trying to look for that "RAINY DAY BUNCH SPRINT FINISH" picture where there is no clear-cut visible winner and team (except for - i can remember - rabobank, because of that orange jersey) because their kits are all wet and dirty. i'm sure it's not in a grand tour and it's not a very famous race but it's UCI race (the rabobank jersey i can remember says it). it's a picture where it's a very wild sprint and the rain and the water grits from the ground are all over making the picture not very clear. i can guess it's a race from about 3-5 years ago. if anyone out there can tell me what race that was or better yet send me the picture (my email is enaldt@yahoo.com). i appreciate it. one more thing, this picture used to be sold as a poster at the "old cyclingnews website's store". thanks

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Not this one?

732_NX2print.jpg

Can't find a pic at the moment but maybe the 2001 tour de france when Erik Dekker from Rabobank won a sprint in the wet and the peloton that day finished some 36min back and outside the time limit and over 160 riders should have been eliminated. The finish was in Pontarlier i believe.

It was the first thing i thought of as soon as you mentioned it.
Just a thought.

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
enaldt said:
hello. i'm trying to look for that "RAINY DAY BUNCH SPRINT FINISH" picture where there is no clear-cut visible winner and team (except for - i can remember - rabobank, because of that orange jersey) because their kits are all wet and dirty. i'm sure it's not in a grand tour and it's not a very famous race but it's UCI race (the rabobank jersey i can remember says it). it's a picture where it's a very wild sprint and the rain and the water grits from the ground are all over making the picture not very clear. i can guess it's a race from about 3-5 years ago. if anyone out there can tell me what race that was or better yet send me the picture (my email is enaldt@yahoo.com). i appreciate it. one more thing, this picture used to be sold as a poster at the "old cyclingnews website's store". thanks

Perhaps this one
AFPsprint2.jpg
The sprint for stage 2 of the 2002 ENECO Ronde van Nederland.

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
YES!!! that's it!, twothirds "The sprint for stage 2 of the 2002 ENECO Ronde van Nederland." thank you very much and pls send me through my email where i buy a poster of that one. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!:)

TRENDING THREADS