• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hepburn thrown off Tour de l'Avenir.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
Hang on a second. Am I correct in thinking that this Hepburn kid won the prologue, won a mountain stage and finished second in a bunch sprint, all in the first four stages?

I have finally looked at the video of the finish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-vG7lglwkw 40sec in shows the finish

It appears Hepburn crossed in about 5th or 6th and seems to make a small deviation and some slight contact with the 3rd placed Italian.

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
hes a good kid who got a bit emotional and made a pretty minor mistake

glad i was not a professional athlete at his age... you lot would have me sent to the gas chamber for the rubbish i would have done!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
In the mean time all the ex dopers are allowed to race. But if you do a gesture then you're out!

Idiotic.

not relevant really. I mean you can make such examples in basically everything, what's the point?

Like I said, he is a young kid, trying to make his way into the sport, disrespectful and immature behaivour isn't gonna help his case.
Sometime's personal pride needs to be put aside.