• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Here's your chance: Be a mod!

There has been a lot of discussion lately about moderators, and what moderators should and shouldn't do – topics about which a lot of people have strong feelings.

So we are now offering you a chance to help the forums, and become a mod yourself. Put your theories into practice!

What is required? That you act impartially and consider only the best interest of the forum. That you give us a reasonable amount of time – whatever you can spare. That you are interested in seeing the forum stay as the best possible cycling forum around, on the best cycling website around.

More active mods will give us a better chance of more complete coverage around the clock – necessary, due to the global aspect of things, and when more people are involved, then there is less of a load on everyone.

Please consider this and if you are willing to “put your money where your mouth is”, then let us know.

Thanks.

Susan

Serious thread though folks. Now's the day and now's the hour. The forum needs new Mods. I've gotten involved recently and it is not so bad. If you think you can spend some time on here for the benefit of all, why not:)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I would do it if I am allowed to also ban Mod's for past transgressions and future. There's also a few stipulations which must be met, don't worry they don't include forking over FM stocks or anything like that but there are stipulations to be met, most for the betterment of society well the forum.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I support EC as a mod! :)

Strangely enough I think I would be a good mod but I don't think many people would take me seriously, including the mods. :D

Rules are rules and especially during Dan's Tour Short fuse time frame, some well deserved bans from July still need to be applied. ;)

May 18, 2009
Visit site
After hundreds of PM's imploring me to throw my hat in the ring, I reluctantly volunteer to be a moderator. Here is a sample of the support I have received, and such kind words have compelled me to do what is best for the forum in spite of my opinion that most of you are assclowns. Thank you.

Despite our past differences, I have come to realize that you are much smarter than me and that my whole concept of society and economics makes me appear I am on crack. Funny that I thought sitting in a tent at Flanders gave me the ability to discuss race tactics at MSR, but your even handed approach to helping me see how stupid that was has helped me immensely in all aspects of life. Recently I relented in an argument about neutering my pit bull with the veteranarian when I erroneously tried to use what I saw on animal planet about circumsizing warthogs. I am sure there is a chart on some wingnut website that shows how clowns like me benefit from people like you, but it will take time to find it because I have to wade through the propaganda about how homosexuals cause rednecks to get a divorce. Your insight and thoughtfulness, as well as intelligence would make you a welcome addiction to the mod team.

Socal Scott

Thanks to you, I have come to realization that my dependence on youtube videos to predict future GT performance of cyclists is not a valid scientific argument. The uber interpersonal skills you displayed to point out the error of my analysis has been instrumental in making me a better person. Just the other day I used some of your debating skills to convince the personnel at the free clinic that the results of the test I took are not valid, regardless of the symptoms. Please volunteer your services to the mod team, with my full support.

Python

Though we have sparred in the past, it was only in jest from my perspective because your knowledge on a variety of subjects was intimidating to me. In the past I have made a habit to strike out at people to cover up my insecurity, but thankfully I have met you on this forum and I have become a better person because of it. The confidence in your posts is infectuous. My fight for the disadvantaged adn righteousness in this world has always lacked the "umph" it deserved due to my personality that resembles a freak hybrid of Sam Kineson and Mother Theresa. But with your even handed approach that I have incorporated into my everyday interaction, I know I can go farther in this world. Please volunteer for mod duties...the forum needs you.

Chewbacca (TFF)

PS, I want you to know that I am super busy with all my classes and activites, and I can list them if you wish to know what I am up to. You should feel honored that I am PM'ing you instead of sleeping for the 2 hours a day I allot to that, mother****er. I plan to let everybody know what I am doing the next post in the clinic.

I wish I was more like you.

Hugh Januss

Though I have you on ignore, I have heard through the grapevine that there is a movement to make you a moderator. You have my full support, I think. I take that back, I don't want you to be a mod. Which way is up? Is Lance winning? OK, please be a mod. Gosh, this is all so confusing.

MarkvW.

I am glad I got your email address off of that multiple addiction sight. I don't know if it makes a difference, but you are in my thoughts and prayers to be a mod. If that happens, please figure out how to circumvent the software that enables sockpuppets to be discovered. I will send you beer in exchange for any insight.

BPC

I got a PM from another member the other day about you being a mod. I found several problems with various words in his sentence structure, and after an internet beatdown I am sure he is curled up somewhere sucking his thumb and laying in his own feces, rueing the day he PM'd me without completely vetting his PM by an independent PHD in English and Stephen Hawking. I support you to be a moderator, as long as you enable people like MarkvW to post stupid stuff that I can carpet bomb to stroke my ego.

Dr. Maseratti

Though I remember the day you laughed when Glenn Wilson called me Hamsterslammer, I have come to respect your views and oddly enough find myself agreeing with 100% of your posts. I just hope you don't post that I have some type of disease or I will surely run up a doctor bill trying to figure out what it is. Heck, I even insist that my friends call me Hamsterslammer now. What a high! Please don't laugh if somebody calls me ****face or something; that may be a little awkward at family gatherings. With your aura, you could bring a calm sense of omniscience over the forum, and you could solve all conflicts just by jumping into a thread and telling people how it is and to STFU. I support you being a mod.

Amsterhammer aka Hamsterslammer :)

Dude, go clean that port-a-can up.

Lance

Thanks for all of the inside info over the years. It has helped me build up my reputation as a know-it-all in the Lance Armstrong saga. If somebody asked, I would have a hard time answering if whether you or Betsy feeds me the most dirt. I support you being a mod, as long as you continue to let me toss out predictions and scoops. I still remember your ridicule of me when they dropped the federal case, but I deserved it and am humble enough to admit rational thought trumps hubris.

Race Radio

It's party on if you become a mod. Ban Python!

Glenn and Patrick

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
After hundreds of PM's imploring me to throw my hat in the ring, I reluctantly volunteer to be a moderator. Here is a sample of the support I have received, and such kind words have compelled me to do what is best for the forum in spite of my opinion that most of you are assclowns. Thank you.

Best post this place has seen in a long long time. You should get promoted straight to admin assclown for that.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
ChrisE said:

Pretty good post.

Good luck as part of the mod team. It's probably the last post I'll make as I'm sure you'll bann me and the others as soon as you have to power.

There's a new sheriff in town...

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:

Moderator's ***, I think you should replace that Benson guy. He never says anything funny

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Pretty good post.

Good luck as part of the mod team. It's probably the last post I'll make as I'm sure you'll bann me and the others as soon as you have to power.

He won't ban you but he might make you call rube "daddy"

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Pretty good post.

Why would I ban you after the support you have shown for my mod candidacy? That makes about as much sense as your illogical political ramblings. I will never understand how your brain works, but that is no basis for banning.

Thanks for your continued support.