• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hilly TT of 40 km: Contador or Froome?

Hilly TT of 40 km - Contador or Froome, who is better?

• don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe put the debate in this thread. Already saw a lot of discussions around this, should be interesting.

I think Froome is for sure better in a flat TT, but in a hilly TT??

Anyway what do you think?

Adding a poll aswell, that's always fun lol

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Contador has done some very fine TT's in his career. I think it depends on whether the TT is on a Wednesday or a Thursday. On Fridays it will be 50/50, and on Saturday, neither one will win.

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
For some reason I have it in my head that Contador hasn't riden a very good time trial for a few years since Jani beat him in the dauphine. I seem to remember him changing either his TT position or his TT bike

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Because Alberto descends like ****?

I think Froome is more aero and that counts big on the descent unless they are techincal, then I would favor Alberto. Froome has a few good ITTs under his belt this year and that also may count in his favor. Although Contador may know the course better?

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
I think Froome is more aero and that counts big on the descent unless they are techincal, then I would favor Alberto. Froome has a few good ITTs under his belt this year and that also may count in his favor. Although Contador may know the course better?

Well do u know if its tecnical or not? Because otherwise it makes no sense that u called it a advantage for Froome. If not, do any1 else know?

Froome will beat Bertie, but not by a huge margin

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Because Alberto descends like ****?

Contador is pretty good in downhills if he's into it, don't know though if the descent is technical but if it's true he reckoned it 8 times then i'm assuming it was a technical descent.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Well do u know if its tecnical or not? Because otherwise it makes no sense that u called it a advantage for Froome. If not, do any1 else know?

Froome will beat Bertie, but not by a huge margin

Yep, just looked at that. According to the map on Steephill, not. Froome.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Just checked the profile of the climb, the first 3 km are around 7,8 % then it's usually around 4%.

Don't know who that benefits more though:confused:

One thing is for sure: This climb doesn't really suit purito that much, not steep enough.

Edit: Oh yeah btw Contador starts behind Valverde, might be important if valverde is going to suck, doubt it but you never know.

BillytheKid said:

Froome and aero? Wait? What?
Chris-Froome-nails-the-second-position.jpg

Allthough this looks pretty aero, but when you see his weird O-legs on a normal bike I couldn't imagine this position by him on a TT bike.

2012-Eneco-Tour-Alberto-Contador.jpg

Pretty good as well.

Both don't have perfect TT positions like Martin and Wiggins, bur pretty good.

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Contador did a good TT in the enecotour and he has already been training on the TT parcour so I expect a very good TT from him but based on the Tour and Olympic TT I would say Froome will beat him by a small margin.

More important, how much will Rodriguez lose and can Valverde limit his losses in the TT compared to Contador and Froome but also to Gesink?

Contador was the master of Hilly ITTs, but if Froome maintains his form from the Olympics, he should beat AC by around 20-30 Seconds.
Has Valverde done any ITT which he cared about after his return. How he will perform will be interesting.

TRENDING THREADS