• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hinault Pulls a Badger on Liestrong

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Bernard Hinault believes the cycling world should "forget" Lance Armstrong

Badger probably wishes he had done this at least seven more times:

push.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
What's that saying again?

Those who forget/ignore the past are bound to repeat it.

That's never happened to cycling :D

Anyone and I mean anyone, wanting to forget the past is basically sticking their heads in the sand and hoping for the best. That has never worked.

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
Never saw this pic before...what happened that he would punt a rider like that??

It was an imposter who managed to get up on the podium. Wearing short socks, white trainers and holding a pack-a-mack! Not very Pro:) Hinault gives him a right good shove! Good effort.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Fortyninefourteen said:
Never saw this pic before...what happened that he would punt a rider like that??

that's not a rider,. and hinault like to punch and throw people of the podium. basically the reason they let him on the podium

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
that's not a rider,. and hinault like to punch and throw people of the podium. basically the reason they let him on the podium

There's that classic photo of Hinault `negotiating' with strikers who'd blocked the Tour route.

ElChingon said:
What's that saying again?

Those who forget/ignore the past are bound to repeat it.

That's never happened to cycling :D

Anyone and I mean anyone, wanting to forget the past is basically sticking their heads in the sand and hoping for the best. That has never worked.

Hinaullt was speaking about "Armstrong" since the question was about "Armstrong"
nonetheless I agree with you: A scam of such scale must not be repeated ever for the sake of the sport-at the same time we cannot dwell on that horrendous memory either, because then we'll slaves of it, & have our vision of the sport set on continuous & obsessive scrutiny & doubts-not that we shouldn't from time to time-but having it present all the time will harm the sport.

There is a lot of clean up left to do, but I agree with Hinault that the faster we all forget about the texan scumbag, the sooner we can start rebuilding the sport...

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Fausto's Schnauzer said:

Full marks for that!
A old mate of mine was a mechanic for Gitane-Elf when HInault was racing, said he was a lovely guy off the bike most times but had a temper you didn't want to be around if you stuffed up something on his bike... Tres menchant!

TRENDING THREADS