• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Susan Westemeyer said:
We have already said his ban is for a limited time. Why don't you all wait and see before making all these dire predictions?

Susan (who is actually off work this weekend)

pig-fly.gif

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
The Hog "speechless" after Forum snub: Poster thought announcement was a mistake

Cyclingnews Forum participant "The Hog" has rejected the moderator's claim that his posts weren't good enough to make the cut for this year's Grand Tour critique-fest. "The Hog" countered the snub by accusing the forum of being unprofessional, something he's vowed to help change.

"I am not only surprised, I am speechless," said "The Hog." "At first I thought it was a mistake so I called the moderators for some explanation. They told me that other posters offered them better opinions on a sporting level. I had to ask them to repeat it as I could not believe this but I heard right: I didn’t offer good enough links."

“I cannot accept or understand this decision,” he added.

"After what I heard today, I take it as a personal mission: from now on I will fight for the interests of the forum posters. It will be more than just a goal,” he said. “I will work for it as hard as I’ve worked for my own posts. It is really urgent that action be taken now as this is the time that the moderators will listen to the opinions of the posters. I will do everything that I can to bring all important posters to one level. What happened today is only a detail.”

The Hog added that he believes there’s an abuse of power in the forum and he’s disappointed.

-----
Only had to change a few words.

(Disclaimer - I have no actual connection to our Hog, and am not his representative. Only messing about because the forum is dull without him.)

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Beech Mtn said:
Cyclingnews

I had to ask them to repeat it as I could not believe this but I heard right: I didn’t offer good enough links."

(Disclaimer - I have no actual connection to our Hog, and am not his representative. Only messing about because the forum is dull without him.)

IMHO hogs make the best links. I don't like turkey links or chicken links. I don't even care for beef links. But we can all agree that he may have natural aversion to them.
Perhaps the moderators could offer a vegetarian link option for him:rolleyes:

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
IMHO hogs make the best links. I don't like turkey links or chicken links. I don't even care for beef links. But we can all agree that he may have natural aversion to them.
Perhaps the moderators could offer a vegetarian link option for him:rolleyes:

LOL Krebs. :D

A

Anonymous

Beech Mtn said:
Cyclingnews Forum participant "The Hog" has rejected the moderator's claim that his posts weren't good enough to make the cut for this year's Grand Tour critique-fest. "The Hog" countered the snub by accusing the forum of being unprofessional, something he's vowed to help change.

"I am not only surprised, I am speechless," said "The Hog." "At first I thought it was a mistake so I called the moderators for some explanation. They told me that other posters offered them better opinions on a sporting level. I had to ask them to repeat it as I could not believe this but I heard right: I didn’t offer good enough links."

"After what I heard today, I take it as a personal mission: from now on I will fight for the interests of the forum posters. It will be more than just a goal,” he said. “I will work for it as hard as I’ve worked for my own posts. It is really urgent that action be taken now as this is the time that the moderators will listen to the opinions of the posters. I will do everything that I can to bring all important posters to one level. What happened today is only a detail.”

The Hog added that he believes there’s an abuse of power in the forum and he’s disappointed.

-----

Freaking HILARIOUS!!!

Beech Mtn said:

-----

porky_pig-5171.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu_auIX1nEc

I just noticed The Hog got banned again? (like 2 days after he got back from his previous ban) Why is he gone this time? I actually like the guy. He brings personality to the forum......this place will be very dull post july without him

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
I believe the original ban was accidentally not set with the correct time limit. As such when this was realised, it was fixed.

This is clearly a UCI plot against The Hog. UCI's etch-a-sketch rulebook being applied to the CN forum. :D I kid, I kid. :p Obviously The Hog failed to make a proper "donation" to Cyclingnews. ;) :D

Bring back The Hog!

TRENDING THREADS