• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hollywood gossip

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I saw a snippet of Holly Madisons reality show the other day and there was a classic moment to me of a "dumb" blonde making a great observation. For those who don't know Holly is a former playmate, kinda skinny and surgically enhanced who now plays the lead in a burlesque show in Vegas.
So she comes back from vacation and she gets a message that the choreographer decides she needs to lose a few pounds. She confronted the guy and had a refreshing exchange. Instead of giving in as alot of girls do she was very firm that it was different if she decided to lose weight if her self image was suffering. It was a whole different story in this case. She felt she looked good and she was going to be bullied into confroming to someone elses ideal. the way she phrased it was the best part
"I like the way i look, i look like a woman, my ideal woman has curves, i like woman to have curves. You however prefer boys so you want your women to look like little boys because that is your ideal image. I will never look like a skinny little boy, so get over it."
Women have known for ages that alot of the images of women have been shaped by men who prefer boys to women. Fashion designers who want the women to look like twiggy or Kate Moss, very asexual skinny bodies. Same with choreographers, George Balanchine and his rail thin ballerina's who get fired if they approach anything over 110 lbs. Disgusting and definitely not healthy.
So shortly after this exchange on TV i open up a magazine and Ryan Seacrest (who insists he is straight despite significant gossip to the contrary)
has a headline"Ryan likes Julianne better skinny" I laughed and thought here is yet another gay man trying to manipulate a woman into looking like a boy for his own benefit.
Sad.
Its not about being gay or straight its about messing with peoples self esteem for your own selfish reasons.

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
runninboy said:
I saw a snippet of Holly Madisons reality show the other day and there was a classic moment to me of a "dumb" blonde making a great observation. For those who don't know Holly is a former playmate, kinda skinny and surgically enhanced who now plays the lead in a burlesque show in Vegas.
So she comes back from vacation and she gets a message that the choreographer decides she needs to lose a few pounds. She confronted the guy and had a refreshing exchange. Instead of giving in as alot of girls do she was very firm that it was different if she decided to lose weight if her self image was suffering. It was a whole different story in this case. She felt she looked good and she was going to be bullied into confroming to someone elses ideal. the way she phrased it was the best part
"I like the way i look, i look like a woman, my ideal woman has curves, i like woman to have curves. You however prefer boys so you want your women to look like little boys because that is your ideal image. I will never look like a skinny little boy, so get over it."
Women have known for ages that alot of the images of women have been shaped by men who prefer boys to women. Fashion designers who want the women to look like twiggy or Kate Moss, very asexual skinny bodies. Same with choreographers, George Balanchine and his rail thin ballerina's who get fired if they approach anything over 110 lbs. Disgusting and definitely not healthy.
So shortly after this exchange on TV i open up a magazine and Ryan Seacrest (who insists he is straight despite significant gossip to the contrary)
has a headline"Ryan likes Julianne better skinny" I laughed and thought here is yet another gay man trying to manipulate a woman into looking like a boy for his own benefit.
Sad.
Its not about being gay or straight its about messing with peoples self esteem for your own selfish reasons.

You sound like an overweight girl.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
runninboy said:
Sad.

That was a good find. I enjoyed reading a different perspective. Who'd think a playmate would have morals, but good on her. Us guys can be so shallow!

So talking about shallow, what is your preference - the face or the body.
2 girls.
One ugly (ie. you're not attracted to her face at all) but awesome body, I mean hot as.
Another girl who is overweight (Not super obese, just fat) but a super pretty face. Which one would you go for.

For me, I'd go with the pretty face. 100%. Not sure why, but a face can tell a 1000 stories, so more interesting to look at.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Indurain said:
So talking about shallow, what is your preference - the face or the body.
2 girls.
One ugly (ie. you're not attracted to her face at all) but awesome body, I mean hot as.
Another girl who is overweight (Not super obese, just fat) but a super pretty face. Which one would you go for.

Who's the rich one of the two? I'd go for her. Or maybe the one with the hot young sister? Decisions, decisions.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Guys,
Not sure whether this thread will survive past the first post or so - but please be careful where you take it or you may go down with the ship.

(To summarize for the hard of thinking: This thread has a lot of potential to go into areas that are not acceptable here. If you go in those directions you will be taking a short suspension from the site)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TERMINATOR said:
You sound like an overweight girl.

Nope.
I just find it amusing that the alot of the people who set the bar for our ideal woman are people who are not actually attracted to women.
I also understand the mods trepidation of the OP as well as the direction of the thread.
I just think it is a subject worthy of discussion . Its something people in show business have been aware of for some time.
For me it is the equivalent of having a librarian who doesn't like to read. How can u recommend something that you don't enjoy?
Kind of like running for public office under the banner of the
"anarchy party"